YS-01 TTL out of sync with Cannon 70D

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

griffon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi. I have YS-01 that is about 2 years old now. I have never once gotten TTL to work on it with three different cameras. I tired for a very long time with my trusty Olympus XZ-1. I then tried it out with a friends Cannon 30D. Now I have a brand new70D in a Nauticam housing, TTL still always fires off sync. It does fire, just before or after the shutter. If I set it to manual it fires fine and pictures are lit, but I am so sick of having to fiddle with the strobe settings :(. Nothing in monterey bay sits still for a second shot except the starfish :p.

I read somewhere online that there is firmware upgrade that is supposed to help address this, but I can't find any official reference. Over the years I have sent a couple emails to Sea & Sea asking for support, but only gotten back the auto acknowledgement and never a follow up from a human.

If there is a fix how/where can I get it? I'm northern California, this thing has never worked right, and while I was kind of hoping maybe it was the old camera it's pretty clear to me now that this seems to be a issue with the YS-01.

Thanks.

maybe if you post some info about your strobe and camera settings, then someone may be able to help. i do not think S&S watches this forum.

SEA&SEA |

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom