suggested compatability updates for SeaCure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubafanatic

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,
.....based on personal experience, I'd like to suggest Seacure make the following updates to their product compatability:

Apeks XTX 200 --- Seacure II (the regular Seacure II/high-flow) DOES certainly fit this reg....I've dove this reg 3 years now with it.

Atomic B1--- Seacure I (high-flow) definitely fits this reg....been diving this reg for YEARS with this Seacure successfully. My B1 is some years old, so the Seacure site IS correct that the 'older' Atomics will take the Seacure I. (although I'll admit it was a fairly tight fit and took careful, deliberate technique to install it.....as I installed a fresh BLACK one on this reg last week.) It might even be the case that my 'old' B1 would have accepted the Seacure II.....but after I finally got the Seacure I on it I didn't want to try to reinstall it again should the Seacure II not have worked out...but the Seacure I is on there just fine.

Atomic T2 --- Seacure II (the regular Seacure II/high flow) definitely fits this reg....just installed one on this reg this morning. This reg is only a year old, so Seacure IS correct that the 'newer' Atomics will accept this mouthpiece. Initially, I tried to install a Seacure I on this reg, because based on measurements per the Seacure WWW site it initially looked like the Seacure I would work.....but it would have required a LOT of careful stretching, and I was afraid to damage the mouthpiece or the expensive reg......so I then tried the Seacure II and it worked like a charm...was WAY easier to install than the Seacure I, and it seems to fit on there just fine.

...so, in summary, Atomic regs WILL accept Seacures just fine......and the APEKS XTX 200 will also readily accept the Seacure II.

That is correct, but all the new Apeks are ATX and none of the seacures will fit. I called seacure before cthe Maimi dive show and they asking there Boss at that time. still in works , I just saw on scuba toys wbb sight about a SeaCure Pro two, but have'nt sean anything else related to it

That is correct, but all the new Apeks are ATX and none of the seacures will fit. I called seacure before cthe Maimi dive show and they asking there Boss at that time. still in works , I just saw on scuba toys wbb sight about a SeaCure Pro two, but have'nt sean anything else related to it

I think you are mistaken ATX is the model before the latest i.e. XTX.

FWIW I contacted SeaCure about using on the XTX and they said they would not work due to the lip where the SeaCure attaches. But given Scubafanatics post above I'll order one and check it out.

Update;

Ordered a Seacure II for my XTX200 (50) no problems fitting, seems very secure (pun unintended). Can't actually dive it for a while as it's still too cold over here but will post again once dived. So far looks like it will work, cheers scubafanatic.

Bonus, I lost one of my back teeth, second to last, and when using a comfobite the reg would shift in my mouth and I'd have to bite down to stop it rotating through the gap in my teeth, the Seacure has solved that problem.

update:

Checked out my newly fitted Seacure again and have noticed that it is not sealing 100%, so on the face of it Seacure (sorry for the doubt) was correct in not recommending them to be used with Apeks. The lip on the neck does seem to be a hinderance. I've tried to get it to seal several times using new zip ties. I'm going to heat up the neck end of the mouthpiece and re apply and see if that solves the issue. With the air leak I can imagine it will allow water to enter.

Scubafantic, I'm assuming yours seals fine? Any pointers? Cheers

Mr and Mrs. SeaCure any chance of you making one specifically for Apeks? There are a lot of them out there, I imagine they would sell well. I'd certainly buy at least 4. Thank you for your possible consideration.

Add: I could shave off the lip which would allow the Seacure to seal properly, but seems a little extreme. Must say though the way it sits in my mouth, i.e perfect, is making this option a real possibility.

I added an o-ring to the lip on a Scubapro 109 to fully seal a seacure mouthpiece that otherwise leaked a bit. If you really need that Seacure, that might work with your XTX.

I added an o-ring to the lip on a Scubapro 109 to fully seal a seacure mouthpiece that otherwise leaked a bit. If you really need that Seacure, that might work with your XTX.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely give that a go. As I said with a missing tooth the comfobite rotates somewhat in my mouth unless I bite down and the Seacure appears to be a fix for it, consequently if I am able to do a work around and still use it I'd like to.

Just for clarification did you put the O ring toward the front of the neck i.e nearer the face plate or at the other end? Thanks again.

I took an O-ring that just fit over the mouthpiece connection on the regulator and positioned it right against the lip. It essentially made the sealing lip a bit larger. I was using an older Seacure mouthpiece that allowed me to see that the o-ring remained in place as I installed the mouthpiece.

I took an O-ring that just fit over the mouthpiece connection on the regulator and positioned it right against the lip. It essentially made the sealing lip a bit larger. I was using an older Seacure mouthpiece that allowed me to see that the o-ring remained in place as I installed the mouthpiece.

Thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom