Securing the SeaCure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Couv

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Have you considered making a SeaCure securing device? ….a device to replace the zip tie used on most mouthpieces that would allow the owner to reuse the fastening device should he/she so choose. I know this is not a big issue for most people who use the same regulator, but for those who travel and don't want to use a rental regulator mouth piece. Additionally, it just seems more appropriate for a custom item. :cool2:

I would also like to commend you on your customer service.

Couv

...um, Scubapro already makes such a 'device' ....I've got one installed on a Mares RUBY reg.

Have you considered making a SeaCure securing device? ….a device to replace the zip tie used on most mouthpieces that would allow the owner to reuse the fastening device should he/she so choose. I know this is not a big issue for most people who use the same regulator, but for those who travel and don't want to use a rental regulator mouth piece. Additionally, it just seems more appropriate for a custom item. :cool2:

Couv

LIke these?:

Cable installation, releasable and double head cable ties, cable tie tools, mounting bases, clips, heavy equipment and transportation fasteners from Hellerman Tyton

Terry

Couv
Thanks for the compliment about our customer service. Looks like your idea is a good one, that has already been used. That would be smart to carry a reusable zip tie with your mouthpiece for use on rental gear.

Thanks guys,

Web Monkey, I don't think one could use those cable ties more than once. After you clip off the loose end chances are it would be too short to use over.

Seacure, like Scubafanatic I have the SP version; I thought the idea might make a good upgrade to your already fine product (and another selling point.)

Couv

Thanks guys,

Web Monkey, I don't think one could use those cable ties more than once. After you clip off the loose end chances are it would be too short to use over.

You don't clip it, you just point the tail inline with the LP hose and leave it alone.

We do this on rental regs and it works perfectly.

There are other devices available, but I don't beleive SeaCure could use them because they rely on the second stage fitting being exactly the right size.

The other option is to buy non-reusable zip ties (they're cheap) and a zip-tie gun (about $10) and put a new zip tie on each time, then cut it off when you remove the mouthpiece.

It only adds a couple of cents to the cost of a dive and you can be certain the mouthpiece won't detach.

Terry

SeaCures have three different sizes, to fit different regs. It wouldn't be at all certain that your rental reg would use the same size as your personal reg.

Also, I've had issues attaching SeaCures to my Zeagle regs. I split the first one, trying to get it onto the mouthpiece. Now, I put the reg end of the SeaCure in 100 degree F water for a minute to soften before attaching. Given all that, I'd be very wary about removing and replacing my SeaCures.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom