SeaCure for Apeks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There already is one... or they had one a few years ago. (I still have my SeaCure that I bought for my XTX200, but I didn't like it so I went back to the original mouthpiece.)

Any chance of making a SeaCure for Apeks models? Thanks.

Their website shows this

Seacure Custom Mouthpiece Size Chart

[h=3]SeaCure II – fits intermediate size orifice regulators (size 1-7/16” x 7/8&#8221:wink:

ABYSS Explorer
AERIS
AQUA LUNG newer, including Titan, Legend, Kronos

[/h]

the Aqualung lung ones should fit the Apeks. Most of the Apeks second stages are the same as Apeks. . (Aqualung owns Apeks).

---------- Post added ----------

EDIT:

I just noted this at the bottom of the same webpage (see below). But I still think since the Legend/Titan 2nd stage are the same as some Apeks, it still might work.

[h=3]Not listed above – APEKS, POSEIDON, most rebreathers – cannot use a SeaCure

[/h]

Interesting, as I have put them on a Zeagle Tech50D which is a rebranded Apeks.

We do not recommend SeaCure for Apeks. However, we are researching the possibility of manufacturing a model for the Apeks, and I expect that a decision will be made soon. If we are able to do it, we will spread the work as quickly as possible, on our website, facebook page, scubaboard, and hopefully magazines.

We do not recommend SeaCure for Apeks. However, we are researching the possibility of manufacturing a model for the Apeks, and I expect that a decision will be made soon. If we are able to do it, we will spread the work as quickly as possible, on our website, facebook page, scubaboard, and hopefully magazines.

Against your advice I bought a SeaCure for my Apeks and it did not seat properly, I should have listened to you guys, oh well it was only A $30 +postage to Japan mistake, no one to blame but myself lol...

That's great news I do hope you end up going ahead with a version for Apeks, I will definitely buy 4.

I'll keep my ears/eyes open for news.

Cheers

Please do make one. I like the comfobite from Apeks/Aqua Lung, but really love the SeaCure for those 2 hour plus dives.

I think I asked you guys at DEMA either last year or the year before :eyebrow:

Used Seacure on my XTX50's for years, never had a problem..{Been transitioning to HOG, but still have a few Apeks, haven't traded/sold yet...Use them for back-ups}......

Although SeaCure does not recommend there mouthpieses for Apeks or rebreathers, it can still be done with great success.

I have been a firm believer in Seacure mouthpieces for many years now and have used them on my apek regs and on 4 different rebreathers. There is a simple little trick to make them fit that works well for any DIY type of person. I will not publicly post my modification. Use some common sense and you should be able to figure out the solution.

Back
Top Bottom