SeaLife DC800

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a friend that ordered it in early May, and still doesn't have it yet. They keep pushing back the release date and have not shipped any yet, to my knowledge. I also know a SeaLife dealer and he doesn't have it yet, either.

We had anticipated shipping to our dealers at the end of May but due to a delay in a component from one of our suppliers, we did not start shipping the DC800s until this week. Since we have an extensive backorder pool with our dealers, we are anticipating getting all current in-house orders out within the next 2 weeks. Please contact your local SeaLife dealer for updates regarding the shipping status. We appreciate your patience as we are doing our very best to start deliveries of the DC800.

If it is anything like other Sealife cameras it should not need grease.

Good deal.. looking forward to what I'm sure will become a favorite part of my dive trips and more.

If I might ask, Does the DC800 case require lithium grease on the seal or does it just need to be clean and unblemished?

No grease of any kind should be used. Just inspect the o-ring before sealing the camera and make sure it’s perfectly clean and free of any cuts, tears, dents, etc. Also check the o-ring groove and o-ring contact surfaces to make sure they are clean and not scratched. The detailed instruction manual and quick guide that come with the camera will have all of the instructions.

The DC800 arrived Saturday... it's a really nice camera.
The LCD is well sized and in the case its very nice in the hand.

When the inner camera is removed its a very petite and compact camera.
Nice design... Now I just need to go jump in the lake with it...lol

I recently had my DC600 + ext flash etc stolen, So a replacement was needed, today i ordered the DC800 pro set to get me up and running again, i was a little wary at first considering its only just released and had not seen any reviews by anyone, after reading your post Air On i cant wait till it gets delivered, if its as good in the water as it is in your hand im gonna be a very happy man..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom