DC1000 Elite - External Flash Manual - can someone help me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ewaiea

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have read the user manual for the DC1000 (and the external flash) and I also understand the basics of aperture and shutter speed. But can someone give me a tutorial (from an underwater photographers standpoint) on how I can utilize the manual settings for F-stop/aperture and shutter speed? What are some examples of what these settings should be in certain situations such as macro vs. wide angle. I do have the wide angle lense which I have found is best to keep attached no matter what the situation.

Do some of you have favorite aperture/shutter speed combinations that you feel work for many situations?

Any information would be of much help - the user manual only states that these settings are for advanced photographers only and I want to get better but without extra input about this camera in the user manual it's kind of difficult.

Thanks and safe diving everyone!

Check out his thread, I think you will find some useful information. Manual is not nearly as hard as you might imagine and it allows you to drastically change the look of your photos. If your camera has a histogram function, learn to use it. Shooting manual you need to be able to judge the exposure of your shots on the fly. Problem is the displays will lie to you however a histogram will tell the entire story in a quick glance and it's always right. It is your manual friend, learn to use it.

Check out his thread, I think you will find some useful information. Manual is not nearly as hard as you might imagine and it allows you to drastically change the look of your photos. If your camera has a histogram function, learn to use it. Shooting manual you need to be able to judge the exposure of your shots on the fly. Problem is the displays will lie to you however a histogram will tell the entire story in a quick glance and it's always right. It is your manual friend, learn to use it.

Herman,
The DC1000 does have a histogram function. Can you elaborate a bit on this please or point me in the right direction. I'm looking to learn more about the manual settings of this camera as well.

Brett

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom