Sealife DC1000 Elite - pics from Kona Aggressor II Aug. 1-8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ewaiea

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Let me know what you think, I posted my top 12 pictures - I've narrowed it down to three which I think are my best pics. Tell me which ones you guys think they are. They're in the Kona Aggressor album at this link:

http://williamsonfamily2.shutterfly.com

I'm curious to know what you think - I can only submit one of them.

The Kona Aggressor II was my first liveaboard dive trip. I had a blast - you can check out my trip report in the liveaboard forums. If none of you have ever done a liveaboard and are true shutterbugs, you can really have some fun and tons of practice by getting into the water for five dives a day. I recommend it to anyone - I'm going on the Star Dancer in Papua New Guinea 4/23/2010 - 5/3/2010 - I'm told that trip is going to blow my mind :)

Great pix

Love them all, particularly the Flameback which I think is your best shot.

I think that one could benefit from a bit of post production to make an already excellent picture have a bit more pop. I would be glad to do it for you if you like.

Great shots, looks like you had a fun trip! We were there at the same time, those animals look familiar (I love the flatfish, those are fun to watch swim!)

Also, great juvie frogfish!

Let me know what you think, I posted my top 12 pictures - I've narrowed it down to three which I think are my best pics. Tell me which ones you guys think they are. They're in the Kona Aggressor album at this link:

http://williamsonfamily2.shutterfly.com

I'm curious to know what you think - I can only submit one of them.

The Kona Aggressor II was my first liveaboard dive trip. I had a blast - you can check out my trip report in the liveaboard forums. If none of you have ever done a liveaboard and are true shutterbugs, you can really have some fun and tons of practice by getting into the water for five dives a day. I recommend it to anyone - I'm going on the Star Dancer in Papua New Guinea 4/23/2010 - 5/3/2010 - I'm told that trip is going to blow my mind :)

1: nice pics, man, you had any strobes?

2: where did you booked the trip in PNG ?

Thanks all for the feedback. I was using an external flash when shooting with the DC1000 - I used a wide angle lense but I'm really not that good at setting up nice looking scenes of divers - there wasn't a ton of big stuff to shoot photos of off Kona on this trip so that's why most of the pics are macro. I just had the camera set on macro mode and left the wide angle lense on the boat.

To answer the previous question about there I booked my PNG trip through, I just called up Peter Hughes Diving - contact info is on the website Peter Hughes Diving - Live-Aboard Excellence to World Class Dive Destinations.

My personal favorite of my photos is the Vericose Phylidium nudibranch - it's the one where you can really see the bumps, it's blue, black, white with some yellow. I want to hand that one in to aggressor to attempt to win the photo contest and win a free trip - but I think sabbath is right - my flame back shrimp is probably a better shot. Still not quite decided.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom