Dc800 Red indicater light stays on

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maximum Overdive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I went on a dive recently and my camera flooded, sort of. A little water got into the housing and the battery compartment. When I got home I took the battery out and let it air dry for a couple of days. The next time I used it, it worked fine only I've noticed that when I charge the battery now the indicater light stays lit in the off position where it hadn't previously, is this a rectifyable problem or was it supposed to do it. My problem is I have noticed that the indicator light runs the battery down if I leave it in the camera in the pelican box. Can anyone help me out there it would be greatly appreciated, THANX!

I had the exact same thing happen to my DC800. I sent it to Sealife and they pressure tested the housing and could not find any problem. They told me that when the usb port gets water in it, it corrodes and that's why the red LED stays on and the camera is pretty much shot (although my still functioned too). They were going to charge me to fix it but the LDS owner stepped in and they are sending me a new camera free of charge.

Thanx CMAN, my wife ordered mine from a dive shop in Florida where I got all my other gear. Since the original post I've tried taking the battery out and leaving the door open and that has helped a little, now, the light goes off for a longer time but when I use the camera a bit it comes on again and does what it was doing before. I guess I'll try it out for a while and see if it corrects it's self and if it doesn't I'll have to try your route and see if the Florida shop can help me. I sure hope it's not pooched, thanx again!!!

Try packing it in a ziplock bag of rice (uncooked of coarse) and leaveing it for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom