DC 1000 Elite vs Maxx - Q & A

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Misa

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello!

I`m a proud owner of DC1000 + wide lense. I want an upgrade and i`m thinking:

1: Why Maxx is better then Elite version?

2:I know about shadows around the object when you have only Elite, but is there anything else? You get better colors too ?

3: How much in kg is Maxx/Elite on land and u/w ?

4: Are there any picture galeries with Maxx and Elite owners so i can compare the pictures ?

5: I live in E-Europe and i am curious where i can find to buy just the MAXX kit without the DC 1000 housing and camera.

Thanks,
Misha

OK, I can help a little.

1: The Maxx is better than the elite version other than just the additional flash. The Maxx kit features the weight, the extra flash, the right sized screw to use two flashes, and it contains the diffusers, as well as the lens dock. You can add each of these individually to the elite if you so choose. The diffusers are really important if you are going to shoot macro.

2: You get better, more consistant colors with two flashes. Additionally, if you are on an expensive dive trip far away from home having a second flash gives you redundancy should one fail (I have had three fail on me so far, so I find this an important feature).

3: I have no idea how much the camera weighs on land, can't help you. In the water, the Maxx kit with wide angle lens is SLIGHTLY buoyant in salt water and SLIGHTLY negative in fresh.

4: I would make a gallery for you, but since I have had so many flash failures I generally just end up shooting with one working.

5: The case is a Pelican case on the Maxx kit, and the rest of the stuff is available as independent parts from any Sealife dealer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom