New to the U/W photography scene...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akmike907

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
So I have purchased a sea life 10mb camera. No flashes/strobes yet as a friend is so impressed with his he doesn't even use any..I thought i'd give a go without and buy later if I need to.

Lover the camera and it's features so far, but one thing is bothering me...it appears you cannot switch from camera mode to video while the camera is in the housing. Am I wrong, pleas advise :):confused:

Thank you sir, you are a godsend!!! (don't let that go to your head:p)

I always use a strobe for the great difference it makes. However, this Spring in Cozumel I was have trouble getting it to fire (possibly the fibre optic cable was out of place) that I took it off for the second dive. I got really good results with less burden. But, that happened to be the shallowest dive of the week, about 25', and it was very clear water and sunny outside.

We do about equal parts vacation diving and cold water. I doubt I would get much out of the cold water photos without the stobe. It's green, dark and fairly deep. But, your plan to possibly add one later is a good one. I did that with my first camera. You might be satisfied. I really like the DC1000 so far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom