DC1400 Blurry Images...first time out of the box.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blue Quaker

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi All,
I am looking for some pointers....Just took out my new DC1400 Maxx pro system for its first dive. I tested the camera on land and got clear shots, but the u/water shots with fish eye lens were slightly blurry/ out of focus. I set the focus at "infinity" before the dive...is that the problem? Other than that the shots had colour saturation with no back scatter (flash and video light in sync), which was impressive as they were taken in depths from 6 - 40 m in a quarry where the daily "checkout" dives had just finished, and there was definitely some sediment in the water. Is "auto focus" the way to go, or should I actually read the full instruction manual to get it right? Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

I believe you must set the focus to super macro when using the fish eye lens....try that:)

The camera’s focus setting must be set to “Macro Focus” or “Super Macro Focus” or the resulting picture/video will not be in focus.

I used the camera system in a silty quarry with the settings corrected and got some great photos, even in lousy vis ( just after O/W students finished training dves...)Thanks for the helpful advice on using the macro setting when using the fish eye lens!

They are RIGHT. I got blurred pics of a shipwreck in Key Largo. Called the tech at Sea Life.... for fish eye to focus, the camera must be set to Macro focus

Back
Top Bottom