New SeaLife Camera After the DC1200?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adl218

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone know of SeaLife's next camera release? I am thinking about upgrading from the DC800 and know the DC1200 has been out for a while. I figured if something new was coming out in the next couple of months I would wait for that.

We are constantly developing new product so you can expect that we will have something new by the end of the year. technology is changing quite fast so we have to keep up. usually the difference in two models is minimal as they are minor technology changes lately.

Sorry, NO 3D form SeaLife!

I was also waiting for a better sealife camera. Something that could take the fight with say a canon G12 / S95. What I like about the sealife is the fact that the underwater camera housing is water resistant up to 60 meters.

Sealife Joe did you mean end of 2011? That is a bit far off dont you think.

We are constantly developing new product so you can expect that we will have something new by the end of the year. technology is changing quite fast so we have to keep up. usually the difference in two models is minimal as they are minor technology changes lately.

Sorry, NO 3D form SeaLife!

Sealife Joe did you mean end of 2011? That is a bit far off dont you think.

Not for those of us that bought DC1000's. It seemed like the DC1200 came out very soon after the 1000's. I know several people who would have waited for the easier controls on the 1200.

All interesting questions. As far as taking on the G12, tough to really say we would take it on head to head as it is a nice camera and has a lot of control options for the more advanced user. Take it on from an ease of use and picture quality to cost relationship, no problem, climb into the octagon.
Can't comment on the RAW yet.
Fish Eye Lens, possibly on the horizon a wider lens than we have now, can't promise it would be a fish eye though.

As for the new camera, latter half of the year any better?

All interesting questions. As far as taking on the G12, tough to really say we would take it on head to head as it is a nice camera and has a lot of control options for the more advanced user. Take it on from an ease of use and picture quality to cost relationship, no problem, climb into the octagon.
Can't comment on the RAW yet.
Fish Eye Lens, possibly on the horizon a wider lens than we have now, can't promise it would be a fish eye though.

As for the new camera, latter half of the year any better?
Hi...noticed that you are probably in good position to answer question re: 1200 Duo Maxx system as looking at that. In terms of video....can the zoom be employed when the video is engaged? and are the built in filters engages automatically or are there predetermined steps one needs to fulfil first. Like others noted above I am in market (again :)) started with the Sealife Reefmaster -film and still have along with other basic Canon digital outfit) and presently comparing ie. Canon G12 with Ikelite housing etc ; Nikon P7000 with Ikelite housing etc and SeaLife 1200 Duo Maxx. as like the simplicity as not looking to get too sophisticated with this stuff. Thanks very much.

My wife preordered the new Sealife mini2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom