I'm a SeaSigns instructor if you have any questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lucybuykx

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I trained as a SeaSigns instructor last year and have taught a couple of courses. My students all had a great time. You might think that a signing course would be quiet but its not. Having learned a few more words, everyone starts making up their own sentences. And then the instructor is in trouble every time they turn their back!

I have recently got approval to teach the course as a PADI Distinctive Specialty, which means I can exam my students and give them a certification towards their Master Scuba Diver. I'm not sure who is more excited, me or them!

If you have any questions about the course then feel free to ask.

my guess is a sort of scuba-geared version of American Sign Language

and voila:

http://www.seasigns.com/index.php

H2Andy:
my guess is a sort of scuba-geared version of American Sign Language

You are spot on H2Andy. It teaches a vocabulary of around 100 additional signs for divers. Many of them are based on American Sign Language, and they are all approved by the major training agencies.

Seeing as I work in Yorkshire I also teach the signs for "beer" and a selection of (mild) insults!

I'd be happy to have everyone signal air pressure in a universal way!

Short of an instructed course is Sea Signs available for home study?

Pete

Hi buddy, we are an sea signs centre as well, so welcome!! Whereabouts in Yorkshire tha knows are ya?

I teach the courses as well and get rave reviews. The students really seem to enjoy the course. I also teach the course as a destinctive specialty through SDI and YSCUBA. How to you maket the course to your students? Any suggestions?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom