Underwater Weddings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mvtek

Registered
Reaction score
I'm just throwing this out there. If there are any couples in Connecticut, who both dive and are considering tying the knot under water, pm me at mvtek@aol.com. I just happen to be a certified, scuba diving, Justice of the Peace.

Hey, if it's cheaper than the wedding I'm throwing next month for my daughter, I'd DO it!
Of course, getting the bride and groom (and several other members of the family) certified, getting to a nice dive location, hiring you and the underwater organist, arranging gear rentals and (of course) a nice "tuxedo wetsuit" for myself would ALL be cheaper than what I'm spending now!
Too bad we've already made all these other arrangements, or I'd go for it! sigh

mvtek:
I'm just throwing this out there. If there are any couples in Connecticut, who both dive and are considering tying the knot under water, pm me at mvtek@aol.com. I just happen to be a certified, scuba diving, Justice of the Peace.

Just my curiosity but to get paid for your UW services as a JP do you need to hold a commercial diving qualification? :wink:

I wouldn't think so. If I marry someone in a hot air balloon, I don't need a pilot license. I am already qualified to perform the service rendered. The location is irrelevant. Good question though.

Guba,
Did you ever consider placing a ladder to her window and stapling a check to it? Just kidding,,,CONGRATULATIONS!! You must be very proud.

Maybe you can find her a WHITE WET SUIT!!! It's got to be cheaper than the wedding dresses.

Kevin

Thats actually a good idea with the white wet suit.

mvtek:
..snip..
I wouldn't think so. If I marry someone in a hot air balloon, I don't need a pilot license.
..snip..
You would if you were Pilot I/C (In Charge)

mvtek:
..snip..
I am already qualified to perform the service rendered. The location is irrelevant.

That wouldn't be true in the UK and many other countries.

Commercial Diving
The HSE approved Professional Scuba qualification is required by all professionals who extend their work underwater including media film makers, actors and presenters, archaeologists, marine biologists, oceanographers and inspection engineers.

Come and get your HSE Professional Scuba Qualifications with Extreme Sports Cafe, and our team of world class trainers, and divers of all disciplines..

from
http://www.extremesportscafe.com/commercial_diving.html

So I was curious about the US regulations.

k4man:
Maybe you can find her a WHITE WET SUIT!!! It's got to be cheaper than the wedding dresses.

Oh yeah. Custom wetsuits are *a lot* cheaper than custom wedding dresses.

miketsp:
You would if you were Pilot I/C (In Charge)

That wouldn't be true in the UK and many other countries.

Commercial Diving
The HSE approved Professional Scuba qualification is required by all professionals who extend their work underwater including media film makers, actors and presenters, archaeologists, marine biologists, oceanographers and inspection engineers.

Come and get your HSE Professional Scuba Qualifications with Extreme Sports Cafe, and our team of world class trainers, and divers of all disciplines..

from
http://www.extremesportscafe.com/commercial_diving.html

So I was curious about the US regulations.
Wouldn't being an divemaster/instructor meet those requirements?

Back
Top Bottom