New Magazine Article about Blue Sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sure miss the days when I used to see them at our nearshore dive sites and count up to several dozen just on the way to a dive site. The only time I see them now are when we are shark diving 5-13 miles offshore and chumming all day. We're lucky to get 3-5 of them in a whole day. Few divers on these trips actually use the shark cage.

Nice article on the Blues.

I had some great experiences in Rhode Island this year too.

September 2,3,4

Day 1- 2 Blues (a 10 footer), 1 mako
Day 2- 3/4 Blues
Day 3- at least 7 Blues (ALL day !!!) , 1 mako

I was VERY happy to see some (one, ANY! ! ! ),
considering that the populations of Blue sharks are down by as much as 90% worldwide.

Charlie Donilon runs a great operation, and is a wonderful guy as well, I would recommend anyone who loves sharks to give him a try.

As Dr. Bill stated, I never strapped on a tank once...almost all of us snorkeled, or laid on top of the cage. The Blues are very curious, and like to check you out. They are extremely beautiful animals...one of my favorite sharks, for sure! The mako's are a little more skittish...and if you have no bubbles in the water, and one comes by they will check you out a little closer.

Back
Top Bottom