What's YOUR Favorite Shark?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tphelps

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Fellow shark enthusiasts!

Just throwing out an open poll... what is your favorite species of shark and why?
Have you ever been diving with them? If so where and when?

BONUS POINTS for sharing your favorite shark pictures too!!

486975_525411734138286_736570529_n.jpgAnimal-pictures-sharks-wallpapers-hd-photos-shark-wallpaper-11.jpg602753_407959265951208_19886341_n.jpg

Mine...Carcharodon carcharias of course!! (Great White)
No I haven't dove with them...YET! I used to be terrified of sharks for years after
I watched "Jaws." Then I started volunteering at an aquarium, the more I learned the more I loved!
Now I am pursuing a PhD to study sharks and spread word of their ecological importance.

Can't wait to hear your favorites! :wink:

Carcharhinus leucas. The mighty Bull Shark. Not quite as mean as it looks. Been diving with them many times.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359161069.594126.jpg

Mine has to be the Hammerhead! Unusual and so graceful, I like the fact these sharks move in such large family groups too. It shows a totally different side to sharks than we normally here about!

I love them all !! A favorite though ? Hmm. Since having had a Great White encounter in the wild last year, I would have to say a Great White. But that could change at any moment. Ask me after this summer, and it could be a Hammer Head or Tiger or one of my Caribbean Reef buddies below :)

Big3.jpg

I've only dived with a few, but I'm a big fan of Port Jacksons and Wobbegongs. Port Jacksons just have that aloof, proud look, kinda like cats. Wobbegongs look like swimming carpets- Wobbegong out in the open! - YouTube

Have been diving only with Wobbegongs, Whitetips and Grey Nurses so far, but my favorite dream shark is the Whale shark. Such a beauty and power with no harm. Like the whole world once was ment to be.

If I could choose my next close encounter, it would definitely be the whale shark.

I have only dived with Sand-tigers, reef sharks, lemons, and nurse sharks. Out of these I would say Sand Tigers.

Back
Top Bottom