V18 for Petrel is now released

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lynnpartridge

Contributor
Reaction score
Shearwater Research is pleased to announce the release of Firmware Version 18 for the Petrel Dive Computer. Petrel version 18 has several new features including the highly anticipated Nitrox Recreational Mode. Also in this release are other new features including the ability to edit dive log parameters, and a PPO2 Mode (for the EXT model only).

Download the new firmware here: PETREL FIRMWARE V18 RELEASED
and be sure to read the release notes located here:http://www.shearwater.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Petrel-v18-Release-Notes.pdf

Lynn Partridge

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Lynn, - just to let you know neither of your links seem to work for me - I get a message saying page not found -

Screenshot 2014-03-28 16.42.49.jpg

All the best - Phil.

Downloaded and installed - I found the software and link on the website - Phil.

I noticed it also has expanded dive log editing, fixes for the battery meter when diving in cold water with Lithium batteries, and fixes the issue with water temp reading high due to electronic heating of the computer. Wow! Color me impressed! I'm looking forward to the new features and fixes to several small buy annoying issues.

Well done!

Thanks for fixing my links. They seemed to work when I first posted them at midnight Shanghai time.....

Lynn

Just downloaded too, as a recreational only diver I like it, I like it a lot. So glad I bought a Petrel. Thank you.

Shearwater announced new Firmware version 18 for their Petrel. I installed it and wanted to know if anyone caught the release note:

NEW FEATURE: Added commands for setting and getting time over Bluetooth.

I looked for a while under the setup mode, and system settings, but couldn't find a option to enable this feature, I am wondering if when dive logs are downloaded to the PC that is when it does the time sync?

Any one know if they got theirs to get the time sync from their PC, or figure out the option under the settings?

Back
Top Bottom