iOS app for Petrel 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KenGordon

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Petrel 2 coming soon. I'd like to use an iPad to talk to it. I see that a compatible Bluetooth profile is now supported but I can't find a app which understands the Petrel.

How is this supposed to be used?

Shearwater Desktop is the product directly from Shearwater, available on their site in the downloads section.

Also:

Check the Apple Store for Petrel Log (that is what it is called in the Android store). It is an aftermarket app for viewing logs through the DiveNav products. Nothing to do with Shearwater....

---------- Post added December 20th, 2014 at 09:46 AM ----------

https://www.shearwater.com/downloads/shearwater-desktop-download/

Nothing like that in the App Store. I have found some Dive Nav stuff and another thing called Dive Log which seem to refer to a DCbuddy which sounds like a BT dongle for various dive computers. I am confused by all that.

I'll install the Mac Shearwater Desktop on a Mac, but my windows laptop is old, heavy and not required on trips really. I have blown my Mac laptop budget on the Petrel and the attached toy. Maybe I need to read the apple docs...

sorry, I'm not versed in Apple lingo, so perhaps they aren't there (yet). I found a Google Nexus 7 Android tablet to be quite useful, and fairly inexpensive....

......I have found some Dive Nav stuff and another thing called Dive Log which seem to refer to a DCbuddy which sounds like a BT dongle for various dive computers. I am confused by all that...
DCbuddy is an accessory that allows a diver to directly download logs from dive computers (that do not have BLE built in) using a smartphone / tablet.

---------- Post added December 22nd, 2014 at 11:39 AM ----------

..... Check the Apple Store for Petrel Log (that is what it is called in the Android store). It is an aftermarket app for viewing logs through the DiveNav products. Nothing to do with Shearwater....
We expect to have the iOS version of the Petrel Log Manager app by the end of Q1-2015.

We expect to have the iOS version of the Petrel Log Manager app by the end of Q1-2015.

Having recently purchased a Petrel 2, I was interested in how this app was coming along? If you have any info on updates to your Bluebuddy app, that would be great as well.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Don't own a Petrel. Did notice in the most recent update for ios Dive Log - https://appsto.re/us/aCA8r.i they have an in app purchase that says it will enable petrel 2 downloads.

Just saw that and downloaded the latest version...looks like for a $2.99 in-app purchase, you can directly download (via Bluetooth) dive data from the Petrel 2 to Dive Log. If that's actually the case and it works, this is really great!

Thanks for the update.

.... I was interested in how this app was coming along? ....
Slow ..... we have been sidetracked a bit by SDC.

...... If you have any info on updates to your Bluebuddy app, that would be great as well.....
Being reviewed by Apple. We expect them to approve / release it by early next week.

..... Did notice in the most recent update for ios Dive Log - https://appsto.re/us/aCA8r.i they have an in app purchase that says it will enable petrel 2 downloads.
.... If that's actually the case and it works, this is really great!
It does work!
We have been working with the developer of Dive Log for quite some time (they have integrated into Dive Log support for our DCbuddy BLE device) and they are quite good!

Slow ..... we have been sidetracked a bit by SDC.

Being reviewed by Apple. We expect them to approve / release it by early next week.

It does work!
We have been working with the developer of Dive Log for quite some time (they have integrated into Dive Log support for our DCbuddy BLE device) and they are quite good!

Thanks for the updates. Given that I now have a Petrel 2 and have been using Dive Log for about a year or so, this works out perfect for me. That, paired with the Bluebuddy and its app being updated shortly will make my diving technically (technology) awesome...assuming I can actually get back in the water anytime soon. :D Thanks for working so hard on these products!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom