Wisdom 2 model numbers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great question.

There are two major differences between these two versions.

1. Memory, Sherwood Scuba doubled the memory on the CG9125.
2. Deep Stop, Sherwood Scuba added a Deep Stop into the unit.

Great question.

Can the deep stop function be added to the CG7125 with a firmware change, or does this require the double memory, or can that be added as well. I'm not really concerned with having more memory as I usually dump the log onto my laptop after a days dive anyway.

So I recieved an answer back from the Sherwood Customer Service saying that they are not offering a firmware upgrade to add the deep stop function to the old model CG7125.

This to me is a red flag. I'm wondering now if I made the wise decision in purchasing this computer. I like the computer but when a company starts issuing new units with a software change and doesn't offer the change to existing users of basically the same model it gets my hackles up, there was no mention in the response that the hardware change of added memory on the new model is the shortcoming in providing support for any new firmware. I'm thinking I should have spent the money on a computer made by a company that does support firmware changes. (Ie. Uwatec).

I'll see what happens, but when the time comes for a new computer I'll be looking out for upgradable firmware changes in the future.

I have to be on Sherwood side for this one. You did not know their was a different in the Wisdoms 2 computer to begin with. So you don't no what internal changes have been made to the computer. So Joefri are they using the same chip and mother board in wisdom 2a that what I call the wisdom with the deepstop.

When was this new Wisdom 2 available? I bought mine in March 2008. I suppose that I could go look at the computer except that it's about 300-miles from where I'm at right now.

BTW, Joefri, UWATEC computers are a lot more expensive than the Wisdom2. That may explain the upgradeable firmware.

Besides, what's the big deal about deep stop capability? If you're doing deco dive, then you shouldn't be using the Wisdom2 in the first place. And if you want to do a half-depth safety stop, then just do a half-depth safety stop. Additional memory is nice to have but hardly necessary.

The original Wisdom2 (7100 Series) became available approximately 3-4 years ago. The newest version (9100 Series) just came available within the last 30 days.

When was this new Wisdom 2 available? I bought mine in March 2008. I suppose that I could go look at the computer except that it's about 300-miles from where I'm at right now.

BTW, Joefri, UWATEC computers are a lot more expensive than the Wisdom2. That may explain the upgradeable firmware.

Besides, what's the big deal about deep stop capability? If you're doing deco dive, then you shouldn't be using the Wisdom2 in the first place. And if you want to do a half-depth safety stop, then just do a half-depth safety stop. Additional memory is nice to have but hardly necessary.

You're absolutely right and I don't do deco dives...yet, but it's a pet peeve with me. It's more of a matter of principle, I work with computers and programming code everyday and it just irritates me when a company issues new hardware and doesn't support the older model when all it takes is an addition of code to the firmware. And they didn't mention anything about having different chipsets in the new model so I'm assuming nothing has changed there, just added memory which I agree I don't really care about.It seems to me for the most part to be a marketing ploy, they aren't selling enough units so they make a slight change or add certain features in order to draw new customers The only problem is that now all the dealers still have old units on the shelves that nobody wants because customers want the new unit, if they made a firmware change with at least the new feature, the dealers might have a better chance of selling the old units. The dollar difference between the two of them is not enough to entice customers to buy the old units.

Their is a definite change in hardware between the 7100 series and 9100 series computer. Just from how the 9100 series downloads. Since you are a computer guy you should understand this the 7100 series computer is a 32bit system and the 9100 series is a 64bit system.

Great question.

Is that all the differences? Plus the fact that the CG9125 is 64 bit system? Any cosmetic, or other functional differences? I'm thinking of getting the Wisdom 2 and there is a CG7125 at my LDS which may have a good discount on it. I'm just wondering if it is worth paying more for the latest version...

Is the Sherwood Wisdom able to be set for more liberal or conservative settings?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom