Sherwood Freedom BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emoreira

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I'm searching to buy a used BCD and I've seen a Sherwood Freedom BCD that seems to be almost new.
I've been searching in the Sherwwod scuba site, but it seems that that BCD is already discontinued but I cannot realize since when.
When was it discontinued ?
Besides, somewhere I've seen that it comes with Weight Integrated, but the photo of the used one seem not to have WI.

That BC was discontinued in 2004. So best case that BC is 6 years old, but could be older if it is not from the last year of production.

Thanks for your answer.
Is this a Freedom BCD? I've seen with WI, but this seems not to have WI.

Attachments

• Sherwood Freedom BCD.JPG
    Sherwood Freedom BCD.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,995
Last edited:
I have Sherwood Freedom BCD that I need all new rubber for. its and old unit (maybe 15 years old) and I don't want to part with it. What parts are avail for it. Thank you thelastsumurai@aol.com

Hello, I recently purchased my first set of scuba gear, which was a complete package including a Sherwood Freedom BC, which I have heard some good reviews about.

My BC seems to leak, and I found that there is a pocket on the left side, and behind that pocket, there is a hole in the fabric with a metal eye loop around it and a fabric loop sewn above the hole

In the hole, you can see the rubber bladder of the BC, and there is a hole in that too, which looks intentional. There is also a plastic/metal plug rolling around inside the rubber bladder, and I can move it so that it sticks out of the hole in the bladder and eyeloop hole in the fabric???

Anyone know what that is for? It is obvious to me that the plug "broke" out of its hole, but I don't know what it was for or how to fix it....

Is there a place that you can purchase a replacement bladder for the BC?

Thanks,
Doug

doug9238@hotmail.com

Hello, I recently purchased my first set of scuba gear, which was a complete package including a Sherwood Freedom BC, which I have heard some good reviews about.

My BC seems to leak, and I found that there is a pocket on the left side, and behind that pocket, there is a hole in the fabric with a metal eye loop around it and a fabric loop sewn above the hole

In the hole, you can see the rubber bladder of the BC, and there is a hole in that too, which looks intentional. There is also a plastic/metal plug rolling around inside the rubber bladder, and I can move it so that it sticks out of the hole in the bladder and eyeloop hole in the fabric???

Anyone know what that is for? It is obvious to me that the plug "broke" out of its hole, but I don't know what it was for or how to fix it....

Is there a place that you can purchase a replacement bladder for the BC?

Thanks,
Doug

doug9238@hotmail.com

mine has the same thing well id had it. the little metal tit broke off and was leaking so i pulled out the bladder and managed to get the metal tit to the fill hole and got it out. im going to try to patch it with what i dont know.

We do not offer replacement bladders for our BCs but many of our dealers will be willing to "upgrade" your BC and give you a discount on a new one.

Back
Top Bottom