Sherwood Amphos Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bluechub

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone using this new DC? I am looking to buy two for my kids and I am interested in any user experience. Is it easy to use, reliable? Did you encounter any issue?

Thanks!

It's an oceanic computer similar to the geo2. Give it 6 to 12 month to shake out the bugs.

Hi there,
My name is Mauricio Moreno and I lead the Technical Services, SCUBA division, at Cramer Decker Industries; (Sherwood Scuba is a branch of CDI). I have some isnide info you may find useful. Out of the 565 units we have sold to dive shops since its release at the begining of the year I have received two returned to my workbench, one was operator error, (customer was confused with the functions of the buttons and thought it had a 'glitch'), no malfunction was detected and the computer was sent to the customer with some pointers on ow to access the information through the buttons. The other one was definitively malfunctioning & we sent the customer a new one.
Out of all those units sold, I have no field information to give you on exactly how many are right now on the hands of divers, but I think the ratio of returns vs. units out right now is very encouraging.
The computer is made by Pelagic Pressure Systems and although is simmilar to some of the ones made by Pelagic for Oceanic or Aeris the Shwerwood Amphos it is based on our famous Wisdom 3 plataform; it is a very reliable watch/dive computer in my opinion. If you have more questions feel free to ask; here is my direct e-mail: mauriciomoreno@cramerdecker.com

Mauricio,

Thanks for sharing this information, I will certainly email you directly for additional question

nice. I just saw the amphos today and was tempted to make an impulse buy :wink:

I purchased an Amphos this week, unfortunately I won't get it until next week. The LDS had one on the shelf, but by pure coincidence, was on the phone with his rep when I was buying it. The rep told him he needed to ship all his stock back and they would be replaced. From what I understand, there has been a defect found and all unsold stock is being replaced. It isn't a full blown recall which it seems like it should be, but only replacing stock yet to be sold to the public. So, I'll be getting one with the fix already done. Anyone who already had one should talk to their LDS and see about this issue though, IMO.

Unable to show "normal" mode on screen. I just received my Amphos air today. Read the manual and set the date and time. When holding mode button to advance to Normal, gauge, etc mode I get ALT at the bottom left on the screen. Then it shows ATD. Then goes to watch screen. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Dan

Not sure if you've solved your issue with this yet, but I believe you either aren't pressing the Mode button fully or for the required duration. I know that's what will display if you simply press the Mode button quickly.

ALT mean it needs to be serviced. Something is wrong with the pressure transducer. ATD not sure what that one is but it could Analog to Digital convertor the T may have been add to the software.

ALT mean it needs to be serviced. Something is wrong with the pressure transducer. ATD not sure what that one is but it could Analog to Digital convertor the T may have been add to the software.

Where do you get that it needs to be serviced? If you don't hold the "M" button for long enough to trigger the dry switchover to pressure gauge, it will show that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom