Sherwood Courier Dive Computer Out of Range Error

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kiwipete

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All.

I would greatly appreciate any help on the issue I am facing with my older style Sherwood Courier dive computer.

It has been working fine... until I recently changed the battery.

Whilst everything is working fine in the surface mode (can change time, enter planner, log etc) it will not enter dive mode due to it being "out of range".

I have two flashing mountain icons which typically indicate altitude settings (sea level none are displayed, xxx number of feet above sea level one mountain is displayed etc). They continue to flash in sleep mode too.

Does anyone know how to reset the barometer setting?

Whilst the computer is old - I have had this issue once before (circa 10yr ago!) and it was successfully reset by a technician. Unfortunately that technician is no longer around and any dive shops I have approached simply state I have had a good run and its time to replace it! I refuse to believe this is the case as it was working fine until the battery change and every thing else is working.

I have played around with the reset button and holding down buttons A and B and it does enter another "mode" - are there any experts out there that can explain how I can reset the barometer?

I would really appreciate any advice/repair instructions and would like to have a go at the repair myself - given any technician repair will mean I have to send the unit to the US of A to be repaired, this would take forever from New Zealand.

Many thanks in advance!

The only thing you can do is put it in warm water with a vinegar solution for a half hour to a hour. Other than that it needs to be service if they are still servicing that model.

So further investigation leads me to the pressure sensor - I popped the front cover off and there is a small recess with what looks like a sensor. It had a blob of gunk in it - I fished this out and suddenly the computer works fine again (enters dive mode etc).... for a while! Unfortunately it intermittently reverts to the same problem until I re-clean the sensor and it works again.

Does anyone know if this part can be replaced - or the best way to clean it properly?

Found this thread. I'm also in NZ, and I'm also having the same problem with the same device. Did you ever find a solution kiwipete?

Back
Top Bottom