Sherwood Wisdom 2 starts a Surface Interval when turned on

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mmerriman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wisdoim 2 just started acting weird - when I turn it on it starts a surface interval calculation from 0. Last dive registered in the log was a week ago. Any ideas??

Take out battery,if that does not work try short out battery contacts before reinstalling battery.cannot make it any worse and may work.

further info - left it soaking in vinegar/water mixture overnight - same issue. Removed battery for a few hours and reinstalled - same issue.

further info - left it soaking in vinegar/water mixture overnight - same issue. Removed battery for a few hours and reinstalled - same issue.
Did you short out the terminals when you had a the battery out?

My wisdoim 2 just started acting weird - when I turn it on it starts a surface interval calculation from 0. Last dive registered in the log was a week ago. Any ideas??

Maybe it's normal.. It has been a little over 24 hours since I was in the water. Here's what my dive computer shows when I put it in dive mode and wait for one minute..

20141124_205713_resized.jpg

Also, read page 26 of your User Manual..

http://www.brasilmergulho.com/port/...agramas de Equipamentos/Sherwood/Wisdom_2.pdf

I quote,

-----------------------------------

"Appearing on the Display"

"Elapsed Surface Time (or time since activation if no dive made that day)"

--------------------------------------

YOU CAN TAKE IT OUT OF THE VINEGAR NOW!

si. but to make sure I'll try again tonight.

---------- Post added November 25th, 2014 at 09:13 AM ----------

"Appearing on the Display"

"Elapsed Surface Time (or time since activation if no dive made that day)"

Hmm - I see that - but I don't recall it ever displaying it in the past. I could be crazy. What IS new however it that when I transfer to the PC that SI is being picked up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom