Wisdom 2 Runtime error 6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowDidIGetIntoThis?

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've been encountering problems during the last year with incomplete (incorrect) data transfers from my Wisdom 2 (metal buttons). The problem seems to be getting worse inasmuch as a larger percentage of the records are failing to transmit properly (or are not correctly interpreted by the program?)

Today, while trying to transfer the most recent 43 dives the most recent 13 are recorded correctly and the remainder contain very little correct data. If I select one of the problem dive records I sometimes get:

"Run-time error '6':
Overflow"

This is the first time I've received the error message, but the problem seems to have been getting progressively worse over the last year or so. I'm running W7 on an I7 pc with lots of RAM and everything is up to date. Horsepower can't be the issue.

McAfee has caused numerous problems with other programs - I've tried deleting a bad record; turning off McAfee; and re-transfering that record, but had the same lack of success.

Advice on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Make sure your Dive computer have the most up to date firmware on it and make sure the download software is up to date as well. Make sure the computer pins are clean and the cable pins are straight and they are spring loaded and when you push lightly on them they go back into place. Make sure you don't move the cable or dive computer when it downloading.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom