Amphos troubleshooting: Depth and Temp are the only data displayed during dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alaktu

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'd like to know why my Sherwood Amphos only displays depth and temperature while on a dive.

This is my first open water dive with this computer and I logged 15 dives in total during this trip. Each dive displayed the same thing.

Before my first dive:
I was practicing settings for Nitrox during my enriched air training to configure the FO2 levels. I had also changed my PO2 value to 1.40 as per the enriched air manual suggestion.

I reset both GAS1 and GAS2 to 21% Oxygen before my first dive and set Default 50% to off. As far as I can tell that is all I had altered and didn't notice the AIR setting when I made the resets. The manual says they will be treated the same way as AIR if set to 21% anyways.

I didn't dive with enriched air on any of my dives. I only dove with 1 tank at a time and didn't know how to deactivate GAS2 unless that is to indicate Nitrogen which isn't obvious anywhere. Now that I am writing this should GAS 2 be set to 79% if GAS 1 is set to 21%?

During the dive:
It activated when I hit the water as expected though as I went deeper it only displayed Depth and temperature. Time was not displayed nor anything else. I relied on my secondary computer for this. I continued my trip without making any changes to the computer to avoid risking any profile conflicts.

My log data seems to have logged all that info so it seems I missed something during my configurations?

Thanks in advance,

Alaktu

Thanks Max,

It could have defaulted to Gauge mode since I had it set at 21% oxygen instead of Air.

I guess that means I'll need to plan a dive trip sooner than later to test it out!

Thanks again.

Al

It does indeed sound like you went into gauge mode. I am eager to hear more responses to your post. I had a similar problem on a liveaboard trip that I recently returned from. I had used my brand new Amphos Air (fortunately with my old stand by Atmos AI...), set gas 1 only to 32%. It worked great for 2 dives, & then went into gauge mode for the rest of the trip. I thoroughly read the manual & it indicated that if somehow I violated the O2 level, it would go into gauge mode, BUT return to "normal" mode after 24 hours. Well it didn't. I have searched the Sherwood website for a customer service contact, & the only one was an email form that I filled out & entered....two weeks ago. No answer.

Hopefully there will be info on this, because I too won't be diving until late this year.

It happened to me and it went into gauge mode. I thought it was me but I had a friend (LDS owner) see it go into gauge mode by itself. I traded it for another computer. He sent it back to manufacturer and since he got it back it has been working great.

---------- Post added March 9th, 2015 at 06:54 PM ----------

I also forgot to add. I really liked the computer. Nice size, easy to operate, and I could read the numbers. I really miss that computer.

If you download the dive computer it will tell you which mode it was in. It easy to place it in gauge mode you have to make sure you confirm the mode setting before you dive it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom