Florida's Consumer Diveshow is Dec 2nd & 3rd 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnoly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Looks like they have updated the website for a listing of the events for the show. Last year's show was a big hit with Florida divers and a great chance to meet up and look at new products.

This show is not the restricted DEMA show but is open to the public. I picked up plenty of good tips which led to some fantastic deals. If you are shopping for equipment or trips, the correct people are at this show.

I wonder if NetDoc will be providing discount coupons like last year????? :)

http://www.floridadiveshow.com/

What a great show!!

If I'm still in Dunnellon by that time, I'll attend

Yukoneer and I will go to Dive Show probably with Moonie! I will have to pick up discounts in JAX. See you all there!

Anyone been to the Tech Conference?

Reef Photo & Video will be there, with all of the latest and greatest underwater imaging gear.

I also have 3 seminars-

Seminar :: Underwater Video in HD

Saturday, Dec 2 at 3:30PM, and Sunday, Dec. 3 at 11:30 AM, Ryan will be presenting about HD Video at the Florida Dive Show!

This seminar will cover all the basics of getting into HD video for beginners! HD Cameras from Canon, Sony, and JVC have reached an affordable price point, and housings have shrunk to a size that allows them to be carried on a commercial airliner. Recreational divers have been given the tools necessary to capture video with jaw dropping resolution and color!

I'll have footage from the Sony HC1/A1, Sony HC3, and Sony Z1 on display.

This seminar will cover:
-Introduction to the Formats
-Round up of current camcorders
-Housing Recommendations
-Editing System Overviews & Basic Workflow Steps
-Sharing your Lovely HD Footage

Seminar :: Digital SLR Cameras Underwater

Saturday, Dec 2 at 2:30PM Ryan will be offering a Seminar about Assembling an Underwater SLR System at the Florida Dive Show!

This is NOT a basic digital photo presentation! The topic is specific enough that the group should be small, with lots of time for questions & answers and touching our sample systems.

You should attend if:
-You have a compact digital camera and want something more advanced
-You have an underwater slr system already, but want to add more lenses or another strobe

This seminar will cover all the basics of putting together a new underwater rig w/ today's outstanding crop of changable lens Digital SLR Camera! Prepare to kiss your shutter lag goodbye-

Outline:
-Player Introductions: Nikon D200, D80, D50 :: Canon 5D, 30D, and Rebel XTi :: Olympus
-Housing Brand Features / Benefits
-Strobes, both TTL Auto & Manual
-Lens Choice Suggestions w/ Example Photos
-Zoom Mechanics & Focus Strategies

Intro to Digital Underwater Photography; The Basics.

Sunday, Dec 3 at 1:30 PM Ryan will be presenting at the Florida Dive Show! This presentation will be an entry level introduction to taking pictures underwater.

This seminar will stress how easy digital photography is,how inexpensive it has become, and how accessible it is to the average diver.

Topics covered include:
-What to look for when camera shopping.
-Underwater Housing Advice
-Why are my pictures blue?
-Dealing w/ Shutter Lag
-How to share your beautiful underwater photos in print, on the web, and via email.

Where was Scubaboard.com exhibit? :( I went there on Saturday from 9:30am to around 11am.

Not this year. It was planned, but Pete was home with an injury.

ScubaJW:
Where was Scubaboard.com exhibit? :( I went there on Saturday from 9:30am to around 11am.

Interesting! I was there at the same time amd wondered the same thing. Probably saw you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom