Moose & Max DEMA 2007 SeaCure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Max

Registered
Reaction score
SeaCure
Custom Mouthpieces; Something different.

We talked with Orthodontist Dr. Randy Moles. He tells us of a story of one of his patients complaining of jaw pain while diving with her husband. He helped her by designing a replacement mouthpiece to fit her jaw alignment. Using this experience, he decided to form a company and use his knowledge to design a mouthpiece that can fit most people's jaws for a relaxed bite.
He claims increased comfort in the bite and a more secure fit.

Basically you heat up the mouthpiece in warm water, bite down, and after a few minutes... your own custom mouthpiece. And if you want, heat it again, and you can remake the mouthpiece.

See their stuff on SeaCURE Home Page

Contact Dr. Randy Moles for marketing information.
He's looking for Dive shops to carry his product, and it retails for about $35.95

Pictured is Dr. Moles and Joy Glades.

SeaCure3.jpg

SeaCure11.jpg

SeaCure21.jpg

For anyone with TMJ or other jaw issues, this is the greatest mouthpiece ever! I have converted over to them completely. They are more expensive, but they last a long time, can be re-moulded if you have mouth changes (think people with braces, dental work, etc) and are so comfortable.

I have TMJ issues. Using a regular mouthpiece for a dive leaves me with my jaw popping and locking up after the dive. With the seacure--I never even think about my jaw--which is amazing. No popping, no locking up, no pain!

I have even bought them for my husband's regulator, so when I use his reg, I just switch out the mouthpiece!!!

I had one made at DEMA and will be trying it out on my next couple of dives.

I also had one fitted there and dived it yesterday. It was ok going in, but halfway through the dive, I had to get that thing out quick or barf. Usually I just have one hose on my rig, but I had the octo yesterday so no problem.
I trimmed the mouthpiece back - chopped maybe ¼ of the length off. Maybe a little more. Hope that does it. The comfort is great - you just gotta watch out for the end of the mouthpiece making trouble for you.

I've dove a few times with this mouthpiece and love the comfort. I never thought that the "standard" mouthpieces were that big of a problem... but after a few dives with my SeaCURE mouthpiece I would never switch back.

I did not need to trim the tabs (I always knew I had a big mouth!) but know a few people that have and they told me that it made the mouthpiece more comfortable for them.

Yep, love mine .. I also trimmed maybe 1/2" off the ends
Also .. if your molding it, do not bite too far down .. you want to leave your teeth/mouth open a bit, otherwise your breathing through clenched teeth (Dont ask how I know this :wink:

I had one made at DEMA and will be trying it out on my next couple of dives.
Ok,

I finally got around to fitting it. It's a very tight fit but lowering the end in boiling water a few seconds will make it flexible enough to get it on.

Still haven't been able to go diving... :(

OK, I got a few dives in. So far I like it.

It does add another question to my pre-dive check list though... Is his/her mouth big enough to use it (since it's on my long hose).

While I understand your thoughts... I always figured that in an "Out of Air" situation, comfort is the last thing a Diver needing air would worry about. I know I would find a way to use any damn thing I was given if I was in need. If it were too much of an issue, after the first breath I'd cut the darn thing off and take air straight from the regulator second stage outlet.

BTW if you equalize, at times, using some jaw motions where you shift the lower jaw around, you might need to make some adjustments to your style and/or make the fit not quite so form fitting. Or... maybe that is just me....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom