Northwest Dive and Travel Expo 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowardE

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
ScubaBoard will be attending, and you should too. It's the first annual Northwest Dive and Travel Expo - May 3 and 4th at the Tacoma Convention Center in Tacoma, WA.

We don't have our booth number yet, but it sure sounds like it's going to be a great show. There's a lot of exhibitors (especially for a first year event) and lots of cool activities.

You can check their website for more info

Northwest Dive and Travel Expo - Welcome to the Northwest Dive and Travel Expo!

See you there!

Everytime a dive show rolls around, I always feel a little bummed that I won't get a chance to meet any of the Scubaboarders. We haven't been participating in a lot of shows the past few years, but we will be in Tacoma. Come by the USIA booth which I believe is 84 and tell me you are a Scubaboarder and I'll hook you up with a hat or t-shirt.

Michelle and I arrived at SEA-TAC last night. Michelle has never been to Washington before, and is blown away by the beauty of the scenery here. It was a beautiful evening. We drove down to Tacoma, and stopped and met up with NWGratefulDiver for dinner which was also great! Thanks again Bob for a wonderful evening. We're looking forward to heading up to Seattle for a little while today, then setting up for the show which begins tomorrow!

Stop by Booth 128 for Optical Ocean Sales display of all sorts of uw photo goodies, Fantasea Line products, dive lights. Custom systems using my own trays and arms. Lots of new housings for digicams and a D40 (D60) DSLR system. All on sale with free shipping.

Looking forward to meeting NW SB'rs!
Jack

Hey, BajaDivers.com will be at the show tomorrow (Saturday) and we hope to meet you all. We don't have a booth THIS year, but you can bet we will next year.

We'll try to say "Hi!" to as many of the exhibitors as we can. My publisher (and wife!) will be packing along a set of my Seeds of Civilization series of novels, because the last two involve a lot of diving and have sold well in Scuba shops. I, of course, will be representing BajaDivers.com and looking for more Baja-based dive operators to add to our growing list.

I will be presenting on Saturday at 4 and Sunday at 3 and wandering around the rest of the time. Looks like a good show.

Friday Night was a great kick off for the weekend. NW Dive News hosted a nice get together at the convention center for industry people, and then many people went to a great restaurant on the water here in Tacoma.

The show looks great. There's a huge amount of vendors for a first year show! I'll try to post some pictures later!

What a day! Cheng and I decided to get up early and go for a splash at Redondo before heading off to the show. Got in a nice, 73 minute dive ... came home, changed and an hour later were pulling into the Convention Center. One of the first stops was the ScubaBoard booth ... conveniently located so as to be just about the first thing you saw as you were entering the show. Howard was off schmoozing ... and Michelle was hard at work introducing lots of folks to ScubaBoard. I was just talkative (now THERE'S a surprise!).

CIMG3945.jpg

This was the first real scuba show we've had in the area since I've been diving, and if today was any indication it was a raging success. I spent the entire day wandering from booth to booth, and couldn't believe how many folks I ran into that I'd only ever known before on the Internet. Was great to finally put so many faces to names ... and screen names.

Lots-o-fun ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

My husband and I were there for awhile in the morning and had a great time checking out the booths, seeing all the people in the pool, picking up a bunch of information on travel, and checking out our (likely) new wetsuit in person. :) Good show and we were glad to have made the drive up from the Portland area.

Back
Top Bottom