Dive Symposium in the Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YachtCat

New
Reaction score
We just participated on the finest Diving Symposium in Bahamas, along with the best people from Bahamas and the US. I finally met Pete "NetDoc" Murray from ScubaBoard.com and exchenge key information about the diving world and the special and neat Diving Cats from YachtCat. Hope to come back to Bahamas soon.

I'd like to echo Alvaro's sentiments -- the 1st Annual Bahamas Dive Symposium was a first-class event. But more importantly, I got to have a beer or two with my buddy Pete!

Nick

This was truly a GREAT event: especially for it's trial run! Major kudos to Neal (the Dive God) Watson, William Kline and all of the other members of the Ministry of Tourism Team. Let there be no doubt, they made this look EASY and yet I know that there had to be a lot of back room drama. They got everyone to the island on time, got through all the presentations AHEAD of schedule and even got a dive in for us! :eyebrow:

It was GREAT to see Bruce Purdy (Aquacat, Pplau & Blackbeard), Keith Cooper & Niall Christofferson (Unexso), Lucia Branning (Coral Caverns), Lori Lachtnicht (Ginn sur mer), Alvaro Botero (the Yacht Cat Company) as well as many, many others! It really was great to meet the participants and my lovely companion for the evening: Linda!

The Media was out in force with my good friend Nick Lucey (ScubaDiving Mag), as well as other friends such as Rick Stratton (NW & NE Dive News), Jeffery (Diving Almanac ) as well as Francesca (Sport Diver Magazine). I am sure I missed someone, but I just got in and my BRAIN is fried.

Special Kudos go out to the "Grand Bahamas Scuba" Dive Charter. I must say that Brianna and Ashley were the cutest Dive Masters I have ever dove with! Their beauty and charm are surpassed only by their caring and skills both in the water as well as out. You should see the gymnastics they go through to hook up to a boy, er I mean buoy! :D Hey, they even make Fred look good, and that's a remarkable achievement all by itself. Melinda was a wonderful asset as well, helping make this a SAFE as well as enjoyable experience.

Finally, it wouldn't have been a symposium without the attendees. They were always ready, always enthusiastic and ready for just about anything. It was great meeting with each and every one of you and I truly learned a lot. You guys and gals are the juice that keeps Scuba fresh and fun for more and more people every year! I look forward to seeing you here more often and I can't wait to hear about the trips you are planning in the future! Maybe even I will show up for one or two! :D

+1 NetDoc. I have been to so many of these Dog and Pony shows over the years that sometimes you can be a little jaded as to what to expect. Well, let’s just say that Mr. Watson and his family, William Kline, the folks from the Bahamas Diving Association, and the Tourism Ministry raised the bar on how these things should be done. It was truly a pleasure to get to see and dive with some old friends, as well as make friends with a truly great group of divers. We were treated like royalty by everyone involved, as well as being treated to some pretty awesome diving. Thanks to Frank and his crew at Grand Bahama SCUBA for the warm hospitality. Through it all, maybe the highlight of the trip was getting to hang out with and buddy up with NetDoc “your trim doesn’t suck” for the dives. What a great guy. I am DEFINITELY doing a group trip to the Bahamas soon.

MERRICK “VAN” VANLANDINGHAM
GULF COAST DIVE PROS
PENSACOLA, FL

I have to agree with Van. This was my first out of country trip and I had a blast. I learned so much and would do it again in a heartbeat. I especially have to agree with Pete about the Divemaster's on Fred's boat. They were great!!! My only regret is that I had to leave so soon. And Pete, I may run into you sometime around town.

BRENT COMPTON
UNDERWATER ADVENTURES
LEESBURG, FL
STUDENT @ UCF

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom