Evan Bozanic speaking at the 2012 Scuba Show--Long Beach, CA--Setting a World Record

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JBozanic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
My 14-year old son, Evan, will be speaking at the 2012 Scuba Show in Long Beach on May 6, 2012. He will talk about his quest to set a world record in diving, becoming the youngest person to dive south of the Antarctic Circle (which he accomplished at the age of 11).

Evan's abstract reads:

Scuba Diving From Pole to Pole: A Tweener’s Tale of Setting a World Record
By Evan and Jeff Bozanic

The dream was born in the ashes of failure. Following a failed expedition to Antarctica in 2008, 10-year old Evan Bozanic set his sights on another attempt to visit the world’s most remote and harshest continent… but with a new goal. Evan would attempt to become the youngest person ever to dive below the Antarctic Circle. This presentation will chronicle what it took for this father and son team to plan and carry out their expedition. Training, equipment, sub-zero temperatures, cold water and ice, penguins and leopard seals… share their experiences as they struggled towards their joint goal, modern day explorers in a world mostly tamed by technology.

Evan Bozanic
Evan learned to scuba dive at the age of 11, diving in Laguna Beach and Catalina. Since then he has traveled to South America, Fiji, Israel, and Spitzbergen. An active soccer player, he also plays the guitar and sails competitively. Evan has a strong interest in science, taking third place in the California State Science Fair in 2010. Evan attends high school at Tarbut v’Torah community school in Irvine, where he is just completing his Freshman year.

Evan will be doing most of the presentation himself... I'm there so he has someone to throw darts at!

I hope to see some of you there!!

We had the pleasure of having Evan speak to our dive club (Team Sharkys) and it was amazing. He is a great speaker and his adventures for a person his age remarkable. I would suggest you make the time to see this.

I had the pleasure of meeting Evan last night. He is a remarkable young man with many great adventures to share for someone so young! I'm looking forward to hearing more.

JEFF!

Good gosh Evan! Like father like son!
A big congrats to you Jerff for raising a remarkable young man- and an even bigger congrats to Evan for his many accomplishments

My how time flys--Last time I recall seeing Evan was at your home and he was still in diapers--now a club speaker and world record holder!

Seldom get down to OC - next time we must get together

SDM

Hear! Here!

Probably nice to have rich parents that travel to to South America, Fiji, Israel, and Spitzbergen.

Well, Jeff... know this is an "old" thread. Congrats to Evan. Guess I'll have to try becoming the OLDEST person to dive Antarctica. Hope they have wheelchair access on the ship I take!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom