International Coastal Cleanup / Dive Against Debris

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SHiBBY

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Dive Against Debris | Project AWARE

It's that time of the year again folks! Where we take to the waters and do our part in preserving our oceans for future generations. I must add that I feel that this should be an almost natural mindset while diving, and not just an annual event. If you do happen upon some marine debris and have the capacity to remove it, do it knowing that however small you contribution might feel, you are aiding in preserving the sites fellow divers around the world love visiting, not to mention saving a few marine lives in the process.

So, what cleanup events are planned for your area this weekend?

We'll be taking to the Koeelbaai tidal pool, as well as the Kalkbaai harbour!

Dive Against Debris | Project AWARE

It's that time of the year again folks! Where we take to the waters and do our part in preserving our oceans for future generations. I must add that I feel that this should be an almost natural mindset while diving, and not just an annual event. If you do happen upon some marine debris and have the capacity to remove it, do it knowing that however small you contribution might feel, you are aiding in preserving the sites fellow divers around the world love visiting, not to mention saving a few marine lives in the process.

So, what cleanup events are planned for your area this weekend?

We'll be taking to the Koeelbaai tidal pool, as well as the Kalkbaai harbour!

I guess things must be different in S. Africa... Here in S. Florida we clean up every dive on most boats by most divers- at least the locals do lol. So I don't see the need for a special day when every dive is special and we should always leave it cleaner then the way we found it! Check out NAUI's green diver initiative.

I guess things must be different in S. Africa... Here in S. Florida we clean up every dive on most boats by most divers- at least the locals do lol. So I don't see the need for a special day when every dive is special and we should always leave it cleaner then the way we found it! Check out NAUI's green diver initiative.

We routinely have special reef and pier clean-up days in S. Fl. Keep an eye out for them in the outdoors section of the local papers and the Force E website. They are well publicized.

Last edited:
Yeah we also clean pick up the odd bottle and what not during fun dives, but these events are directed at the sites where people dont usually dive, like the harbour for instance.

Back
Top Bottom