55th Annual Scubafest in Columbus Ohio. March 14, 15, 16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
The 55th annual ScubaFest Home show in Columbus Ohio is just around the corner. I will be attending for my 5th year as a vendor/presenter. This is a fun show that is usually very well attended. Saturday and Sunday are filled with presentations that are included in the admission price and there are also workshops available at extra cost.

The location this year is at the NorthPointe Hotel and Conference Center located at 100 Green Meadows Drive South, Lewis Center, Ohio 43035. It is just a few minutes north of 270 on Rt 23.

There are vendors comprised of shops, manufacturers, local quarries, and travel reps as well as a booth with artwork by Pascal Lecocq. There is also a photo contest for divers from Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Pennsylvania and West Virginia and this year the grand prize is a week on the Belize Aggressor. Details here Photo Contest

The main speaker on Saturday at the banquet is Dr. Charles Ciampaglio, Ph.D. The title of his presentation will be “Will the Real Megalodon please Swim Forward?”Who is Dr. Ciampaglio? Check out this YouTube video!

My own presentation this year is titled "Overheads and Recreational Divers: They Don't Mix!" I will also again be doing mini workshops in the booth on threading plates, configuring a long hose reg set, and signing copies of the second edition of 'SCUBA: A Practical Guide for the New Diver".

I hope to see many of you from the Midwest region and get to talk to you about diving. I will have products from the lines I carry and some will be for sale. Others I will be taking orders as there are some restrictions on what can and cannot be sold at the venue. For more details on the show visit the website for ScubaFest and look forward to seeing all my old friends and meeting new ones!

Just bumping this thread as I am making final prep to leave for the show this morning. Hope to see many of you in the area and get a chance to talk with you. A few items of note:
My presentation on overheads and recreational divers is at 3 pm Saturday

I do have some new Manta Products with me and brochures on the Otter line of dry suits I now am retailing in addition to the HOG and Edge suits.

One of the prototypes of the new HOG Sidemount rig will be on display and I can answer questions on it for you.

There will also be some copies of my articles and essays if you like and if you bring a flash drive I can give you more of them. These are free.

I have a limited number of the 2nd edition of my book for sale and to sign. Should I run out I can take orders for signed copies and ship them to you in about two weeks.

There will also be a list of this year's class prices. I will travel to Ohio, West Virginia, New York, and anyplace else to teach any of them except Open Water.

Looking forward to another great year and great show. Stop by and say Hi!

---------- Post added March 15th, 2014 at 05:56 AM ----------

Awake and about to get ready for breakfast. Booth is mostly set up thanks to being able to get in last night. Nice leisurely morning is a good thing. Nice venue and always good to see my friends from the ohio council.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Jim,
It was great meeting you today at the show; I really enjoyed our conversations. Thanks again for the advice on the Hog regs!
Herman

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom