Maritime Archaeology Training Course - Sydney, Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi all,

Like to get wet?? Into shipwrecks?? Want to do more with your diving??

Why not try AIMA NAS Training.... ?

The Australasian Institute for Maritime Archaeology (AIMA) and the Nautical Archaeology Society (NAS) (supported by ArchaeoMar) will be running the next Part 1 'Certificate in Maritime Archaeology Course' in Sydney, Australia, on 7-8 June 2014.

This is a 2-day introduction to maritime archaeology that is suitable for divers an non-divers alike. The course will be run 'dry' and focuses on:

• Archaeological principles
  • Archaeological sciences
  • Materials and conservation
  • Ship construction
  • Archaeological Surveying
  • Search techniques
  • Site position-fixing
  • Remote sensing
  • State/Territory and Commonwealth legislation

The Part 1 costs $220 and combines theoretical lecture components and practical (land-based) exercises. The fee includes all course materials and and includes a 1-year AIMA Membership.

More information about the course is available here:

www.aima-underwater.org.au/parts-i-iv/
www.archaeomar.com/#!training/c162w

If you are interested and can't make that weekend, let me know. We are happy to arrange bespoke courses for a particular group on a date to suit you, as long as we have a minimum of 8 participants.

If this sounds appealing to you, please register your interest by emailing me at or by calling +61 (0)497 083 833.

Hope to see some of you soon!

Cheers
Sarah

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom