What happens in Vegas @DEMA gets posted on Scubaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mselenaous

Island girl
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Key Largo, FL... Dive Capital of the World
# of dives
I just don't log dives
So here we are in Vegas. Contrary to popular advertising, what happens in Vegas doesn't stay in Vegas. Especially when you have 10k dive pros around.

So post your pics, and tell your tales...if you don't, someone else will.

ffb3f82093841afc50dbe96168e48adb.jpg

Tipping back a brew @ Gordon Biersch with our Phillipines Invadion 2016 Hosts from Atlantis Dive Resorts.

I'm not your classic beer drinker. I don't like ultra harsh beers with an aftertaste that feels like something died on your tongue. For the longest time, my fave beer has been Amstel Bright. No, you can't get it here in the US or even outside the Dutch Caribbean. It doesn't have ANY aftertaste... it's just, just bright. I enjoy visiting Bonaire and Curacao if for no other reason but to drink some Amstel Bright.

As many of you know, I almost always ask my waitress for his/her favorites and just the way they would have them. Emma, our wonderful waitress at Gordon Biersch, hesitatingly offered me Hefeweizen with a caveat that she thought I might not like it. She explained that it had bananas in it and many did not consider it a serious beer. It was amazing. I could actually smell and taste the bananas. It is a creamy beer, goes down easy with no bitterness and has very little aftertaste. It was the same aftertaste as if you had just eaten, wait for it, a banana. I might have to go back just for another glass or six. Good stuff!

Then she brought me lobster/shrimp tacos. Hey, I live in the Keys. I have lobster and shrimp coming out of my ears sometimes, and I can't count how many times I have been disappointed by crappy shrimp preparations when I've tried them off of my island. In spite of my worries, this was also AWESOME! Yum. It came with some heat too and though I wasn't prepared for that, it really made the meal.

Yes, the food was great but nearly as great as the company. Elena and I got to have dinner with our neighbors in Key Largo, Larry and Sharon Conner of Atlantis Dive Resorts in Dumaguete and Puerto Valera.

FWIW, I'll be posting the lighter side of DEMA in this thread. I will be covering the business side over in this thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/sh...-las-vegas-convention-center-north-halls.html

Last edited:
Whew... glad I'm staying on my little island instead of heading to Vague Ass. Wouldn't want my secrets getting out (if I could actually remember what they were). Enjoy DEMA everyone... I'm enjoying some incredible dive conditions here on the island.

Greg The Divemaster.jpg20141121_102404.jpg

Just a couple of the photos from the 2014 DEMA show. NetDoc, how did I manage to have you take a picture, but not get a picture with you?

[video=youtube_share;371r7CiBTRI]http://youtu.be/371r7CiBTRI[/video]

Netdoc as a youngster....Had to go there due to the vampire comment.

Here's a DEMA video I did for my non-diving friends and family. It's kid-friendly with none of the debauchery and lascivious hooliganism that Vegas is known for.
However, this video is not DIR compliant, oxygen compatible or safe for overhead environments. It not sanctioned by any agency or manufacturer and is no substitute for training from a certified instructor.

It's just a video...

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom