Let the Show begin...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
It's just past midnight here in Hotlanta. Tomorrow is the show. I am looking forward to it.

It was our first show and my fiancee and I had a blast there this past weekend. It was great to see you guys at the show!

I hope you are able to get the computer problem with Dell sorted out!

You know, I was pleasantly surprised by many things at this, the inagural Georgia Dive Show.

1) LOTS of vendors. I saw lots of "old friends" and met quite a few more.

2) A steady flow of visitors, right up to the end. Many shows start breaking down right after lunch. You couldn't do that here. As with any show, we could use more visitors and there were some conspicuous absenses. Gary Gentile commented how he sold more books in the last few hours than all of Saturday.

3) Most vendors want to return. There was one guy at his booth with his MP3 ear buds in. When I finally got his attention to ask him how the show was going, he complained about no one stopping by. I had to laugh... so many walked by because they saw he wasn't interested.

4) This was BY FAR the easiest show on the vendors. CRIKEY! I think I walked less than 30 feet from my hotel room to my booth!

5) People really liked our Internet Cafe' booth. That, or they were too polite to laugh at us to our faces! :D

6) It was incredibly intimate. Visitors got to talk with the vendors and quite often the good conversations became a crowd as they all probed the vendor with their queries. Of course, I got to see a LOT of the vendors at the Hotel bar at night and that was awesomely kewl.

I am happy to have a dive show in Atlanta again. Discover Diving left about 8 years ago. I got signed up for for scubaboard.

The Atlanta Reef Dwellers Scuba Club Was happy to pitch in and help.

You can see us at www.atlantareefdwellers.org

That was a great group to meet too!

The ones that really stood out for me were the guys from St Lucia. They were awesome and friendly and willing to work for our business.

My fiancee and I were originally planning on going to St Lucia for our honeymoon. Then she decided she would rather go to Jamaica instead.

After seeing the St Lucia folks, I found myself wishing we had stuck with our original choice to go there.

May 17-18th in Duluth.

Georgia Dive Show

If it is as fun as last year I will definitely be there! I hope to bring along a group from our BlackBeard Scuba Club! I learned alot and it was great hanging with you NETDOC! Next time I will head to the bar early!

Happy diving somewhere!
Carolyn:sharks:

Back
Top Bottom