DEMA FINDS: Neptune Memorial Reef - Artificial Reef/Memorial Garden (cemetery)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oceanus

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Photo coming...

Booth 701
Neptune Memorial Reef
GPS: 25.41.412 N, 80.05.455 W (3.25 miles east of Key Biscayne, FL)

Jerry Norman, Director
Gary Levine, Director
Kim Brandell, Designer/Sculptor

A first of its kind, The Neptune Memorial Reef is:
• A memorial garden for the cremated remains of our dearly departed.
• The world's largest and most enchanting architecturally sculptured reef.
• An environmental and ecological masterpiece.
• A world-class destination for divers and explorers.
• A place for commemorating mankind's accomplishments.

For more information, please visit The Neptune Society, cremation or The Trident Society, cremation

Adding Photos for Nereus

DSC_35450001.JPG

DSC_35500001.JPG

This was well reviewed by the entire staff. The video is rather breath taking and serene and I really want to "take the plunge" and tour this memorial reef. I will post a trip report when I do this.

Apparently, they were enamored with us as well and will become one of our advertisers as soon as they get their banner to us.

I've seen some other artificial reef projects that look like sunken cities
.. I was afraid that I was the only one that thought that it was a very cool idea for an artifical reef, much easier to impliment than an intire ship sunk as one, and would make a very interesting dive, and with the Neptune Reef project, you can become part of a living reef, too cool

I can't wait to dive it...Wife and are going to the Keys later this...maybe give it a try on the way down or back up...They said 3 charters are doing the site...anyone know who?

Gee, somehow I missed this booth.
That lower photo above - the thing on the left that looks like a brain coral - I keep hearing that old anti-drug commerical spinning in my head, "This is your brain." then a big splat as the egg gets squished followed by "This is your brain on drugs." These guys can use, "This is your brain. This is your brain on the bottom."
So now that they're advertisers, I bet that the next mod will also be a midwife or debersole can switch from cardiology to OB/GYN. Then Scubaboard can advertise, "Scubaboard - from cradle to grave..."
I still like the idea of cremation followed by stuffing in a big skyrocket to be launched at dearly departed's farewell bacchanal.

There should be plenty of time to tour the site before I need to decide whether to sign up... :D

There should be plenty of time to tour the site before I need to decide whether to sign up... :D

One never knows, and in these troubled times, do we really need to burden our loved ones with difficult decisions during a most trying event....

Saw the booth at the DEMA show and was intrigued...looks like a beautiful site to explore. We all have to face the fact that we are not immortal, and what a great way to contribute to the health of the ocean and be memorialized at the same time. Exciting to me!

I can't wait to dive it...Wife and are going to the Keys later this...maybe give it a try on the way down or back up...They said 3 charters are doing the site...anyone know who?
The Neptune Memorial Reef is located in open water and is free to dive. The location allows for glass bottom boat tours, snorkeling, and SCUBA diving.
Divers of all ages and ability will find the reef a pleasure to dive and explore.
To arrange for a dive trip to the Neptune Memorial Reef, please visit one of our preferred dive partners:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom