Local SCUBA shows are a great opportunity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc

Was RoatanMan
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Chicago & O'Hare heading thru TSA 5x per year
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I hear people asking about DEMA (the big dive show for retailers) all the time. Truth be known, I have always enjoyed the "retail" or consumer dive shows a whole lot more. Having been to a bunch of them, New Jersey, Houston and more, but my heart belongs to Our World Underwater (OWU), right here, next to Frozen Lake Michigan. Besides the ice divers... we can dream and plan for warmer Chicago months or just flying out of O'Hare heading for warmer climes. People come to OWU from all over... Ohio, Michigan, Iowa, Minnesota... it's well attended!

OWU will be held February 15-17th, 2008 in Rosemont, right next to O'hare and I-294 & I-90. See the website at Our World-Underwater 2008 - Home - Our World Underwater or just click on the rotating banner that was just added on SCUBABoard. I have seen this forum just idle for some time, so since that banner appeared, I figured I would jump in.

I do have an ulterior motive. :crafty: I will have a speaker's slot for a presentation entitled: Advanced Dive Travel... are you ready for it? Check the schedule. I will bring a few "been there done that" dive buddies, plus... (for her only appearance this year) SCUBA Barbie. Yes, she will be there in person.

These shows are fun. Besides seeing all of the hardware, checking out resorts, seeing the film festival, you will likely meet lots of SCUBABoarders (at the SB Booth), including Fearless Leader unless the cold weather scares him away....again! :11:

Hey Roatanman;

Thanks for the heads up. I am going to talk to my boss to see if he'll okay a booth at the convention! If it does go through, you should make it a point to stop by for a pair of proplugs. It would be sad to hear about an ear complication setting your own dive excursions back a bit...

I hope to see everyone there!

hello there, New to this board but this show sounds like it would be a lot of fun, and I am from Indianapolis so it is a short drive for me anyone on this board from Indy???

I don't got no number!

Blessings are upon us. A real life Aquaman is now a member of Scuba Board. It is the (real) Doc. :lotsalove:

Welcome !

BTW- You only need a certification if you breathe compressed gas, having gills excludes you from that requirement. Thus, rtbmediver has no cert number. Simple.

Hey thanks I got Hooked on diving this Vintage gear about 2-years ago and i never went back to single hose unless its hanging off of my pony bottle, I cant Imagine what it must be like to have bubbles in your face all the time??

Merry Christmas to all

While I would like to attend the Chicago show I will have to settle for Beneath the Sea since its a lot closer to me.

hey rick!

<--carlos, dsiw

Back
Top Bottom