Try technical diving...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

birdwrasse

Contributor
Reaction score
ever wanted to see what all that gear is about...? wonder why they use it, how they use it, and where they use it...?

come try it on january 12th and dive with it!

contact doug lynch at desert diver's supply in las vegas, for more details.

--c

i don't think so... small local dive shop. i know that doesn't mean anything... i've started technical diving with them in the last six months and there is not a lot of us out there... just trying to spread the word. come to vegas, go for a dive in the lake, try on some tech gear... thats all...

cheers!

--c

ever wanted to see what all that gear is about...? wonder why they use it, how they use it, and where they use it...?

come try it on january 12th and dive with it!

contact doug lynch at desert diver's supply in las vegas, for more details.

--c

Isn't that Archie's shop? Nice people there...

i don't think so... small local dive shop. i know that doesn't mean anything... i've started technical diving with them in the last six months and there is not a lot of us out there... just trying to spread the word. come to vegas, go for a dive in the lake, try on some tech gear... thats all...

cheers!

--c

So just what type technical diving you guys doing in the LV area?

diving the B-29 and a PBY... did those yesterday and the day before on trimix! very exciting!

lots of equipment and building material from when the dam was built, too.

good way to build your skills, safety awareness, and get away for a few days... the lake was georgous today.

--c

yes, carol and archie still own it and are there... if you know them, i'm sure they would enjoy a visit. tell them "stunaep" sent you.

--c

p.s. hot pink, tec! nice! did you finish your trimix? i have to do a couple more dives, too... will be trying to finish them soon.

Isn't that Archie's shop? Nice people there...

diving the B-29 and a PBY... did those yesterday and the day before on trimix! very exciting!

lots of equipment and building material from when the dam was built, too.

good way to build your skills, safety awareness, and get away for a few days... the lake was georgous today.

--c

So at current,, how deep the the B-29....and what are the depths of of typical sites at Mead?

b-29 at 145... trimix is best to appreciate it. got a little narced on air. pby around 180; again, best on trimix...

my deepest in the lake is 191, but know of others that have gone below 250. the lake is still pretty deep! i'm keeping my depth limit at 200 in the lake. it gets quite dark down there, and without a support team, a lot can go wrong really fast.

dive deep, dive long, dive safe!

cheers.

--c

Sound like some nice sites with opts for good diving. I had heard a while back that the lake was 'down' because of the drought....I never have been there myself but its on the list for the future.

Good luck with your diving....have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom