NetDok is going to Russia...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
As has been announced elsewhere, I am going to Moscow this year to participate in the Golden Dolphin Dive Show. My Russian is WAY rusty (can I do a re-cert course???) but my spirits are high as I go to visit someone's Mother Land! :D

You can expect daily blogs of what it is like at this show and they will be contemporaneous with HowardE and Muggsy as they do the Chicago Dive show the very same weekend. It should be fun as we compare notes.

Geez, Pete... I just watched the movie "Eastern Promises." Hmmm.

Seriously, hope it is a productive and rewarding trip for you. I tried learning Russian back in 8th grade and was surprised to find the basics weren't that difficult. Of course now I can barely speak English!

Russian diving Girl pics :eyebrow:

Good cold Stollie. Wonder if you'll be able to get orange juice at your hotel?

Who's Mother Land is it?

As has been announced elsewhere, I am going to Moscow this year to participate in the Golden Dolphin Dive Show. My Russian is WAY rusty (can I do a re-cert course???) but my spirits are high as I go to visit someone's Mother Land! :D

You can expect daily blogs of what it is like at this show and they will be contemporaneous with HowardE and Muggsy as they do the Chicago Dive show the very same weekend. It should be fun as we compare notes.

Take Walter with you, he can get by. I don't think he is fluent, but he can probably buy a beer at a bar. And maybe he can find the restroom.

Take Walter with you, he can get by. I don't think he is fluent, but he can probably buy a beer at a bar. And maybe he can find the restroom.

Trying to "ICE" :frosty: your bro? :rofl3:

Actually, Pete speaks Russian better than I do, but I'd go in a heart beat. It's a beautiful country with some of the most friendly people in the world (look out for the Russian Mafia). Yes, I can find the bathroom, order a beer (and a little more besides) and I even know how to get slapped.

drbill:
I tried learning Russian back in 8th grade and was surprised to find the basics weren't that difficult. Of course now I can barely speak English!

Word order is extremely important in English, Bill.

Walter and I exchanged a few words during the Wreck Maniacs classes. It was a great way to talk behind our student's backs right under their noses. :D

My major at UF was Russian. I have found a language coach here in Orlando who wants to learn to dive: we are trading services! :D Vladimir thinks I am already ready and we have had only one session. He will be calling me daily and I plan on having dinner with him as well as one other session before I leave. He is a native speaker and quite tough on pronunciation! :D

Start Practicing...

ScubaBoard - Самое большое в Мире дайвинг сообщество

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom