Lagarto Preview at OWU

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Richie Kohler

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
If your going to the OWU program...
John Chatterton and I will be giving a sneak preview Saturday night at the OWU film festival of an upcoming PBS documentary detailing the identification and research done on the USS LAGARTO a US submarine lost during WWII with all hands and recently located by divers in the Gulf Of Thailand. We will also be conducting a technical diving seminar for those interested in getting to the next level of diving and talking a little bit about our History Channel 2006 Britannic dive expedition as well

I look forward to seeing some of you there...and not just at the bar!

Hey Richie... I'll be introducing you and your program. Even before I knew that, I had yours circled as one that I was sure to see!

For you history buffs, I have included a link with some historical information on the Lagarto. As a former submariner, I find this information extremely interesting.

In May 2005, a diving team, following the hints of fishermen telling tales of snagged nets, discovered the Lagarto in the Gulf of Thailand. Experts say this is the missing boat because it is believed to be the only American Balao class submarine sunk in the Gulf of Thailand during the war, and because Japanese records released after the war show Japanese sailors sank a submarine in the area where the Lagarto disappeared.
In June of 2006 Navy divers confirmed that the submarine in question is, in fact, the USS Lagarto.

USS Lagarto Sub

Hey Richie... I'll be introducing you and your program. Even before I knew that, I had yours circled as one that I was sure to see!

Thanks Doc,
Its gonna be a BLAST...

For you history buffs, I have included a link with some historical information on the Lagarto. As a former submariner, I find this information extremely interesting.

In May 2005, a diving team, following the hints of fishermen telling tales of snagged nets, discovered the Lagarto in the Gulf of Thailand. Experts say this is the missing boat because it is believed to be the only American Balao class submarine sunk in the Gulf of Thailand during the war, and because Japanese records released after the war show Japanese sailors sank a submarine in the area where the Lagarto disappeared.
In June of 2006 Navy divers confirmed that the submarine in question is, in fact, the USS Lagarto.

USS Lagarto Sub
Frankie,
Are you going to OWU? I think you would enjoy our presentation on the subs history and current conditon. If not I will make sure to post the PBS airdate for the entire program when it airs.
Thanks for posting the link,
Safe Diving

Frankie,
Are you going to OWU? I think you would enjoy our presentation on the subs history and current conditon. If not I will make sure to post the PBS airdate for the entire program when it airs.
Thanks for posting the link,
Safe Diving

Richie,
Unfortunately I will not be able to attend OWU. However, I would love to know the PBS airdate for the program. I look forward to seeing it!

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom