Scuba Show 2013 and SEALAB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SEALAB Author Ben H.

Contributor
Reaction score
Just over a month to go before Scuba Show 2013 on June 8-9 in Long Beach, where I'll be doing a seminar about SEALAB based on my book. I'm honored to be in the company of many fine presenters, as you can see on the program, and for me the location is especially fitting, since both SEALAB II and SEALAB III were shipped from San Francisco to the former Long Beach Naval Shipyard in the 1960s before they were towed to their respective sites off the Southern California coast. In fact, the picture below of the first team of "aquanauts" to occupy SEALAB II was taken at the shipyard. As readers of my book may recall, one of those aquanauts you see here had been an astronaut first. But more about that at the show. Looking forward to it.
14S2Team1.jpg

I'll be doing a book signing today, Saturday, at the Historical Diving Society USA booth (#733) from 1-3 p.m., and again tomorrow, right after my SEALAB seminar at 11 a.m. in room Seaside 3 at the Long Beach Convention Center. Hope to see some of you there. . .

Thanks to everyone who came to my Scuba Show seminar and/or dropped by the Historical Diving Society booth before and after to chat and/or pick up a signed copy of SEALAB. It was quite a weekend - as you can perhaps tell from the pictures on my Facebook Author Page. Big congratulations to show producer Mark Young, associate producers Dale and Kim Sheckler, the rest of the staff and the many volunteers who made a great event happen.
_GGG5158.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom