Santa Barbara Underwater Film Festival

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

covediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I attended the SB Underwater Film Festival last weekend. The event, A Tribute to Ernie Brooks, who through the work of underwater photography courses as Brooks Institute of Photography, trained a generation of underwater photographers. This festival opened with a formal reception at the Santa Barbara Maritime Museum on Friday and culminated with the three hour festival on Saturday at the Arlington Theater. It was a grand show, the first in approximately 15 years. Highlights of the show included a retrospective about Sea Hunt by Zale Perry and the film Blue Water, White Death by Stan Waterman and Rodney Fox, the work of David Doubilet and Howard and Michele Hall. For me it was also a chance to reconnect with many old friends who I had not seen since leaving southern California more than a decade ago. If you were at the show, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

I wasn't able to make the event but met Laurent Ballesta at our dive park afterward and got to see his amazing images of the coelocanths shot at 400 ft off the coast of Africa.

I wasn't able to make the event but met Laurent Ballesta at our dive park afterward and got to see his amazing images of the coelocanths shot at 400 ft off the coast of Africa.

The images are fabulous on screen. They were also reproduced in the commemorative portfolio distributed at the festival. Ballesta's presentation absolutely riveted the audience.

That's what I heard... and it apparently riveted the woman he met there! No names to protect the "innocent."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom