The Blue Wild -- Feb 22 and 23, 2014 -- Ft. Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sheri Daye

Registered
Reaction score
2014 Blue Wild Ocean Adventure and Marine Art Expo Set for February 22-23.

The Blue Wild Ocean Adventure and Marine Art Expo is set to take place at the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center from February 22 to 23 and will feature the top names in freediving, spearfishing, scuba diving, underwater photography and videography, marine artists, and other exhibitors from around the world. The event spans 30,000 square feet of exhibition hall space with an additional 10,000 square feet of seminar/workshop space.

Celebrity speakers include Austrian, Herbert Nitsch, the “deepest man on earth”; author and Emmy Award winning filmmaker Stan Waterman; outdoorsman and TV star Manny Puig; world spearfishing champion Joseba Kerejeta from Spain; and others. The event will also feature the latest gear and accessories for scuba, freediving, spearfishing, surfing, underwater photography and videography as well as outdoor apparel, jewelry, and world-class marine art from artists including Cary Chen, Pascal Lecocq, Susannah Waterman, Gar Waterman, Randall Scott, Steve Ozment, Craig Dietrich, Don Ray, K.C. Scott, Caleb Goins, among others.

“We strive to offer great deals, the best speakers and workshops in the industry, and the right atmosphere for attendees to meet other divers and have a great time,” said Sheri Daye, the event’s producer. “We’re now entering our seventh year and this is our biggest show yet in terms of both exhibit space and the number of exhibitors.”

Admission is $20 at the door and includes entry to the Saturday night Blue Wild After Party at the Courtyard Marriott Ft. Lauderdale Beach where guests can mingle with industry celebrities and enjoy door prizes, BBQ and happy hour specials. Show hours are 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. The Blue Wild After Party is from 7:30 to 11 p.m.

For more information please visit The Blue Wild Ocean Adventure Expo.

It is amazing how much the Expo has evolved and grown over the years… but one thing always stays the same and that is the “atmosphere and excitement” at the event… and that is what makes “The Blue Wild” special!:cool2:

The Blue Wild is always the first show I look forward to in the new year, and it gets better... every year!!

See you all there! Chad

The Blue Wild
Ocean Adventure Expo

"The Diving Event of the Year in Florida!"

February 22 & 23, 2014
Broward County Convention Center, Ft Lauderdale, Florida

I remember Stan Waterman presenting "Day of The Tiger" last year at the Blue Wild!
285243_10151546173569225_676739007_n.jpg
That was fantastic, I hope to be as sharp as he is at his age.

2014 Blue Wild Ocean Adventure and Marine Art Expo Set for February 22-23.

The Blue Wild Ocean Adventure and Marine Art Expo is set to take place at the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center from February 22 to 23 and will feature the top names in freediving, spearfishing, scuba diving, underwater photography and videography, marine artists, and other exhibitors from around the world. The event spans 30,000 square feet of exhibition hall space with an additional 10,000 square feet of seminar/workshop space.

Celebrity speakers include Austrian, Herbert Nitsch, the “deepest man on earth”; author and Emmy Award winning filmmaker Stan Waterman; outdoorsman and TV star Manny Puig; world spearfishing champion Joseba Kerejeta from Spain; and others. The event will also feature the latest gear and accessories for scuba, freediving, spearfishing, surfing, underwater photography and videography as well as outdoor apparel, jewelry, and world-class marine art from artists including Cary Chen, Pascal Lecocq, Susannah Waterman, Gar Waterman, Randall Scott, Steve Ozment, Craig Dietrich, Don Ray, K.C. Scott, Caleb Goins, among others.

“We strive to offer great deals, the best speakers and workshops in the industry, and the right atmosphere for attendees to meet other divers and have a great time,” said Sheri Daye, the event’s producer. “We’re now entering our seventh year and this is our biggest show yet in terms of both exhibit space and the number of exhibitors.”

Admission is $20 at the door and includes entry to the Saturday night Blue Wild After Party at the Courtyard Marriott Ft. Lauderdale Beach where guests can mingle with industry celebrities and enjoy door prizes, BBQ and happy hour specials. Show hours are 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. The Blue Wild After Party is from 7:30 to 11 p.m.

For more information please visit The Blue Wild Ocean Adventure Expo.

Sheri,
I look forward to this show...I'm certain it will be everything we always used to wish DEMA would be.... :)

Do you have any new gear that will be shown here, that is particularly exciting ?

Yes, Wiz, I agree -- Stan Waterman is a pretty special person. I'm so glad he keeps coming back, as he is one of the highlights for me. His son and daughter, both accomplished marine artists, are coming with him too this time. They will be displaying their works of art. His son is a sculptor and makes nudibranchs out of marble. His daughter makes some amazing "lobster ladies" and marine prints. We have an extra exciting group of speakers and artists.

Dan, you ask what else is new (thanks for asking)....lots of new things this year! I hear that many of the manufacturers are displaying new products. We have Cressi, Mares, Aqua Lung, Edge Hog, SEAC, and more displaying their wares. We also have some new retailers joining us this year, along with the old stand-byes....Divers Direct, Force-E, Lauderdale Divers, Dixie Divers, Pompano Dive Center, Scubasworld, Florida Freedivers, Nautilus Spearfishing, etc. We also have a few good charitable organizations that promote good causes....SUDS, Diveheart, Shark Savers, Sea Shepherd. New charters include Abernethy's Scuba-Adventures, UNEXSO in Grand Lucayan, Odyssey Charters, and Y Not Charters.

And we're planning a Saturday night party too, so everyone can mingle more. Lots of excitement in the air already. Hope to see you there!

Yes, Wiz, I agree -- Stan Waterman is a pretty special person. I'm so glad he keeps coming back, as he is one of the highlights for me. His son and daughter, both accomplished marine artists, are coming with him too this time. They will be displaying their works of art. His son is a sculptor and makes nudibranchs out of marble. His daughter makes some amazing "lobster ladies" and marine prints. We have an extra exciting group of speakers and artists.

Dan, you ask what else is new (thanks for asking)....lots of new things this year! I hear that many of the manufacturers are displaying new products. We have Cressi, Mares, Aqua Lung, Edge Hog, SEAC, and more displaying their wares. We also have some new retailers joining us this year, along with the old stand-byes....Divers Direct, Force-E, Lauderdale Divers, Dixie Divers, Pompano Dive Center, Scubasworld, Florida Freedivers, Nautilus Spearfishing, etc. We also have a few good charitable organizations that promote good causes....SUDS, Diveheart, Shark Savers, Sea Shepherd. New charters include Abernethy's Scuba-Adventures, UNEXSO in Grand Lucayan, Odyssey Charters, and Y Not Charters.

And we're planning a Saturday night party too, so everyone can mingle more. Lots of excitement in the air already. Hope to see you there!

I am attending for sure, as you have my good friend Jim Abernethy as one of the speakers, so Sandra and I have to be there anyway :) The big plus is that I love the BLUE Wild shows, and I love to see the new Freedive gear--it's the best "Toystore" I know of :)

Sheri always puts on a great show. The speakers and presenters she brings are really amazing!

MAKO Spearguns will again be displaying our, ever-expanding line of gear.

MAKO, as well as many of the other vendors, will be offer "show specials" on new products. This is very much a consumer show, where retail sales are welcome. It is an incredible opportunity to compare a huge selection of gear, products and unique art.

The show always includes a huge raffle with many dozens of items given away each day.

Hope to see you there!

Dano

I am so excited for this year's show! I don't know how she does it, but Sheri manages to make the show bigger, better and more exciting every year. Sheri, thank you for your efforts and for bringing so much growth to our diving community, especially freediving. I can't wait to see old friends and meet new ones, too! Not to mention, of course, hearing world class speakers and spending all day browsing the showroom for hottest new gear and trends. It's going to be a great weekend!! All for $20 admission! :yelclap:
See you there!!

Bobbi

I'm going, just booked a room! Can't wait to meet Pascal and buy a print!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom