Morrison Springs dive report 5/5/06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I met RocketMan at the spring about 3pm. As I arrived, the dark clouds that I had seen 10 miles back down the road were beginning to let loose of their treasure (in other words it started to rain). I got changed into my bathing suit with hopes that this would be a typical Florida storm and be over in about an hour. I went over to the pavilion where RM had been standing. The water was so clear you could see the platform's entire outline from the pavilion. The rain decided to increase and lightening bolts started dropping within a mile. After a while the flashes of lightning and crashes of thunder subsided and the sun came out. Some of the sand on the beach had run off into the water and it was a little less clear than before the storm. During the storm, a vehicle had pulled up to the pavilion and out of it came photohikedive and his buddy who wishes to remain anonymous. We all geared up and hit the water. PHD and his buddy stayed outside the basin while RM and I headed to the cavern. We entered the cavern and explored until a third of our air was gone. We went up the funnel and over to the upper cavern and then back out in the basin. I chased a striped bass to get a picture and we then headed back to the platform where we met up with PHD and buddy. We then headed to the surface and on to another great burger at Sally's. Here are some pictures from the dive:

Great Pics as always Yoda, I love that cavern and basin. One of my favorite dives, you make me wanna jump in the :auto: and head down.

Come on down - the water's fine :D.

Great pics SeaYoda, looks like you guys had a great time in some clear water!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom