Who Dives Travis after Work?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrianV

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone regularly dive Travis after work, like around 630pm. How's the vis? I only dive Travis on the weekends and there are always so many people there that the vis gets pretty bad.

Is it better on weekday nights? I'm thinking of going there once a week or so after work rather than doing it on the weekend.

I have never dove Travis after work, but it is something I am looking to try out this summer. I just need to get all my gear together and do it. I am sure the vis is better than on the weekend with all the classes.

I dive after work. It's nice having the place to yourself and by mid week the viz is usually alot better.

Yeah I'm thinking of making regular trips there on Wed night, just make it part of my routine.

I might be up for a regular weekly dive since the weekends seem to book up with non-dive related events.

Let me know and I would be happy to join you.

Windy Point or Mansfield? I would be up for it when I get back from Belize, if you need a buddy.

Well I think Windy Pnt is cheaper during the week $5, versus $8 for Mansfield. It's also slightly closer, but I've dove both sites several times. I think in all I prefer the layout of Windy Point and the way it drops off. On the weekends we've been going to Mansfield lately since it's less crowded and vis is better, but during the week I bet Windy Point vis is just as good if not better.

Maybe we can get some people to meet up. My g/f dives and I might be able to talk her into it as well. I've actually got the itch and might consider trying to dive tomorrow after work.

How good do you think the vis is during mid week?

Cuda_72:
I might be up for a regular weekly dive since the weekends seem to book up with non-dive related events.

Let me know and I would be happy to join you.

PS - nice car if that's yours. 426 or 440?

BrianV:
Well I think Windy Pnt is cheaper during the week $5, versus $8 for Mansfield. It's also slightly closer, but I've dove both sites several times. I think in all I prefer the layout of Windy Point and the way it drops off. On the weekends we've been going to Mansfield lately since it's less crowded and vis is better, but during the week I bet Windy Point vis is just as good if not better.

Maybe we can get some people to meet up. My g/f dives and I might be able to talk her into it as well. I've actually got the itch and might consider trying to dive tomorrow after work.

How good do you think the vis is during mid week?
I'll let you know when I get back from Windy Point tonight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom