Flooded City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dcostanza

Reaction score
# of dives
Good morning,
My brother was telling me about a city that flooded in the Tenn./Ky area on a way to a dive earlier this week. He thought it was called Dales Hollow (Hallow?);however, I find no reference of it's existence. I spent some time with various spellings on Dogpile.com then realized that with the wealth of knowledge of the board members maybe somene here would know. I did a search on this board and there was one reference to a flooded city in Kentucky caused by a dam and that was the extent of the post.

Does anyone know where I might be able to turn for further reference material on this "mythical?" city?

Thank you for your time...

Best Regards
Don Costanza

Hello,
metridium I suppose I should have read your link before posting about whether it is a diveable site? I just answered my own question.

NetDoc,
Thank you also for your reference.

Much appreciation for your help...

Best Regards
Don Costanza

Hello all,

Has anyone been to Dale Hollow Lake in Tennessee? We will be visiting relatives in TN next year and wonder if this would be an interesting site to stop and dive. If anyone has been there, is it for all levels of experience? Any replies would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

I haven't dove there but when I have been in the area they said it was a good dive. From what I hear there isn't much left of the town that was flooded. Let us know if you go what you think of it.

Chad

both good and not so good about Dale Hollow. Much of it would depend on what you're used to diving in. If you're a tropics diver then this might not suit you too well. If you're a local mudhole diver then this might be nirvana.

I think that weather makes a big difference also in that it affects algae growth and stratification of the water in some cases.

I dove there over this past summer, and it is an awesome dive, for a lake. It is eerie to swim through what used to be a town and on dry land, HUGE fish swim around the town.

Thanks for the info SSIDiver02

You should come down and dive with the KPP. We have a growing group of OH people diving with us and would love to have you join us too.

Chad

Thank you, everyone for the information on Dale Hollow Lake, especially SSIdiver02. It was great to hear from people who have been there or in the area. I think we will definitely have to try it when we go down there next year, it sounds very interesting. I will definitely let you know how it was!

Back
Top Bottom