DIR and Pistons

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pos-tech

Registered
Reaction score
How could a group as paronoid about oms's bwod allow their followers to dive a piston reg.
If you open a well used piston you will see the ambient chamber is almost always coroded, the ip chamber is also. The piston o-ring is often not in the best shape, in fact it is on its way to being extruded!
Scubapro also claims the highest flow 1st stage, but all that means to me is when you hp seat going and everything starts free-flowing you will be empty in a matter of seconds.
Is there somthing I am missing?

I’m not even DIR and only have been diving 7 times and his question does sound loaded even to me.

jumped out and gave him away.

First, if he had concerns about piston regulators, he would bring up those concerns without mentioning DIR. What does DIR have to do with how quickly piston regulators wear out?

Second...
Poseidon, Aqualung, Apex, Atomic, Scubapro, Oceanic, and Zeagle certified service tech
TDI ERD, Advanced Wreck, and cave diver
PADI Assistant Instructor
FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS DIVE PISTONS

Second... An Apeks tech who can't spell Apeks? I don't want this guy servicing my reg.

Third... "FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS DIVE PISTONS"? Sounds to me like he's trying to start some religious flame war. Good thing is that everyone else realizes there are plusses and minuses to piston and diapgragm regs and that all modern regs are extremely reliable when serviced regularly.

This whole thing provided some amusement though :jester:

... you guys (especially Jonnythan) are getting observant... now see if you can see any patterns in his miss-spellings that remind you of another poster. :wink:

Hint: you might have to check some of his other posts.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
... you guys (especially Jonnythan) are getting observant... now see if you can see any patterns in his miss-spellings that remind you of another poster. :wink:

Hint: you might have to check some of his other posts.

You had to do that.. :p

Now I've got something to do for the next few hours, I suppose.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

It's gonna take you hours to read 14 posts? :D

Scuba Board is a full-time job!

No, I'm vaguely reminded of someone but, in my old age, my memory is failing me. So I'm trawling the archives trying to refresh it :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom