Instructors dive log

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

argos59

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was told that some instructors log dives they do during check out dives during ow classes, is that true ?

Some agencies have a part of the debrief where they're meant to sign students log and vice versa to get in the habit of doing it.

I count training days as 1 dive and have students sign my book.

argos59:
I was told that some instructors log dives they do during check out dives during ow classes, is that true ?

As a divemaster, I've always done it. Why not do it?

I'd agree... why not. Probably more challenging dives than most they do for fun.

always

Always, and why. For several reasons:

First, it's a dive and I log all my dives......:D

Second, we tell the students to log thier dives... so lead by example...:wink:

Third, my wife has all the students sign her log and they seem to get a kick out of it...:rofl3:

Fourth, bottom time is bottom time no matter how you get it.....:11:

If it counts as a dive for the student why wouldn't it count as a dive for me:confused:
Seriously I always count my morning session as a single long extended dive, no mater how many times I go up and down with groups of students. I then count the afternoon session as a second dive that day.

argos59:

Why would an instructor not log them?

Not only do I log my dives with students, I have them sign it, and I list what we saw and did on the dives. I make the students do the same in their log books. Heck, I even have some sea critter stamps that I let my students decorate their log books with (made by justleesa!).

Back
Top Bottom