Uwatex Transmitter adapter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dapolice

Registered
Reaction score
I have a Dacor metal regulator and a Uwatc Smart Z computer. I am having a problem getting the transmitter to screw completely into the 1st stage. The area on the first stage is raised slightly and will not allow the transmitter to screw all the way in. I have had a local shop recommend a short , one inch, hose to go between the two. I do not like this idea as it will not be firmly attached. Another shop is going to try a thicker o-ring, but I have doubts about that solution as well.

Does any one know of an all metal extension, or similar device that I could use? I only need about 1/4", but it could be longer if that is all I can get. I really don't want to settle for a non-rigid solution for a high pressure port supplying all of my gauges. The hose would allow it to "dangle" around back there.

Here is an “Aqua High Pressure Port Extender”. It is sold specifically for that purpose.
Aqua High Pressure Port Extender from LeisurePro.com

I am sure this fitting is also available from many other sources as well. IMO, an LDS should have been aware of its existence.

Trying to use a larger O-ring and hoping that it won’t blow out is a very bad idea. I would be very concern about that dive shop.

AQU57265.JPG

Thanks Luis. I was thinking the same thing, and knew that this HAD to exist. I too am VERY leary of the o-ring solution.
That is exactly what I was looking for.

Back
Top Bottom