Non-Pandle caves update ... ( lol ) 09/10/2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeandiver

Contributor
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
OK , for dem dere caves down here near Gainesville:

Little River - Has a slight syphon in it. Once the Suwannee drops enough , the flow should reserve again. This information is not first hand , but from what I have been hearing from othr divers.

Peaock - Orange Grove is VERY NICE right now (Cavern and the Cave). The basin vis has been yucky for a bit though.
P1 is clear about 1400 feet up the Peanut line (once you pass the water source tunnels). There is still some river-intrusion water on the Main (Olsen-Pothole) line up till about the Cisteen tunnel. Once past those points , the vis is VERY NICE!!!

Cow - MOSQUITO HEAVEN !!!! (or something like that). The water level in the basin is dropping and the flow is picking up again. The vis in the system is VERY NICE (SMILE).
(50 feet plus)

Ginnie - We are going to check out Ginnie this evening (Wed). I have heard that the flow is increasing as the Sante Fe river levels drop (runoff from TS Fay). The tanic in the system is also dropping as the flow comes up. And the orange ball is visible again. :D

Manatee - Vis upstream of Friedman's is very good. However , as we got closer to Sue's sink/Catfish the vis got cloudier (milkier). Vis was OK from Catfish to Manatee (on the downstream syphon). The flow was UP so it was a wild ride out , as usual :rofl3:
But the conditions at Manatee change quite frequently so ... (this dive was from Last Saturday)

That is your latest NON-PANHANDLE cave update :D

Thanks , now back to your regularily scheduled cave dive.

Jeano

jeano, did ya see my post on cdf?!? i'll be seeing you next week! :D as long as you're not gone for busy-ness... :(

There are caves outside the panhandle!!!!! :shocked2:

There are caves outside the panhandle!!!!! :shocked2:

Yes !!!! ( lol )
Mat: You are most welcome ...
Marci: Already replied...I should be around sometime next weekend.

I hope you guys are all safe up in the 'handle... Got my prayers out for you.

Darn IKE.

Jean

It was nice and sunny today. Ike is so big (510 miles across while most hurricanes are only 300 miles across) that it decided to go to the big state...TEXAS. I doubt we'll even get any rain from Ike here.

BTW, just noticed the thread title - Pandle?

obviously a jean-ism...

Ginnie viz isn't quite "Gin" clear, but it's REALLY good. Had an awesome dive a few hours ago (surfaced at 12:35am).

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom